Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sounds like before we settle on the final scheme we we could benefit from the services of a photoshop guru. That definitely am not me.
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

While it is defiantly NOT a GK I still think my 85 750 looked pretty nice completely yellow.That being said the GK has even more area to be yellow

Comment

Wow, the above red stripes are nice... Would that go with the brown seat? Don, I was thinking the same thing about photoshop.

Comment

I don't know if it would be of use, but I can donate a turn signal cancel unit from my 79 850.....

Comment

Yeah it needed something and the red seemed to do it.Does anything go with a brown seat?

Comment

The wheels certainly do add a lot to the overall look of that bike.

Comment

Looks like a bowl of custard.
                ---- Dave
                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by 78550GS View Post
                  I don't know if it would be of use, but I can donate a turn signal cancel unit from my 79 850.....
                  Nice offer, but the '79 TSCU was not compatible with anything after '79.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                    I lean toward a yellow and black scheme myself. But there is something that has to be considered. I have the original GK double bucket seat which is brown. It is in very good shape and Frank may prefer it to the plain G seat that I have on it now. Just throwing in more food for thought.

Yes.

Good. That goes along with the idea of keeping it fairly stock form/appearance.
                    (which I personally think it should if representing the forum.)

I have a stock black GK seat, where the vynal and the insides are very good, but the pan is rusted (in front where the mounting is). I could contribute that.
                    If that is decided, I can look into what it takes to swap it out (or maybe someone else already knows).

Last edited by Redman; 04-27-2015, 12:08 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I sounds like before we settle on the final scheme we we could benefit from the services of a photoshop guru. That definitely am not me.
                      That is something I've been wanting to learn how to do. If you could post up a good side shot view something like Gregs I'll see what I can find out...........
                      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        Nice offer, but the '79 TSCU was not compatible with anything after '79.

Well, I'm not going to use the damn thing.

Comment

Speaking of which:
                          If a person has some service or parts to offer/contribute, should they contact Don pepe or Frank administrator, or should they post here or post elsewhere....?

Should people somewhere offer what they think they can offer..... or will someone list what is needed....?

Or maybe the project has not progressed to that point yet. (or maybe there is another thread somewhere.)

One possibility might be to have someplace, somewhat private, that folks can offer whatever services or parts they can contribute, say email or PM, and then whoever is working/organizing/determining the progress of the project can contact them as the need arises.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I have some photo-manipulation skills (Paint.net, not photoshop).
                            Seems that changing the color from dark brown/ light brown 2 tone to a solid yellow, and have some sense of the contours, would be way above my rudimentary skill level.

I would be doing good to draw in some crude striping that somewhat follow a stock scheme.
                            har har har get the bike painted the base yellow. then put it all together. then take photo. then can draw in various options for striping har har har

Speaking of which: I could contribute photos of stock 82 striping.

Last edited by Redman; 04-27-2015, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Does the K denote the luggage and fairing package ?
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                                Does the K denote the luggage and fairing package ?
                                No expert but I'm pretty sure it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X