No announcement yet.

Cracked cross member on frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way would i just weld that tube. It looks bent and evidence of structural issues. Slug it and have it stitched.
    1984 GS550ES
    Rebuild in progress....

1983 GS750ES
    4700 miles

1978 GS1000E...Resto-mod to come

Comment

I would just cut out the old cross tube a weld in a replacment. Chrome moly tube. either way not a big job.

Comment

Originally posted by jbird7262 View Post
        I would just cut out the old cross tube a weld in a replacment. Chrome moly tube. either way not a big job.
        What I said, though slug it as well..
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I didn't get a chance to go. I will have to postpone. Right now, my wife and I are expecting our second child any day, we are also having our kitchen remodeled and have been without a kitchen for almost 2 months (the cabinets get installed Thursday). I am going to reschedule and maybe go ahead look for a steel tube to replace the one that is on the bike.

Comment

Working...
          X