Got me another race bike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got me another race bike.

Needed something else to keep me busy at the race track and liked riding my mates cb750 pre 82 bike.This came along, its now mine.
    Wouldn't run (gummed carbs) Sorting it now. Great project.

This is what I normally race, Pre 89 class. Bit more serious (cant have a we nap on this baby)

Actually I did once! came off at the end of the straight doing about 240KPH this was the result.

Just posting for something to do.
    Cheers. This is the bike after my crash
    Last edited by Guest; 04-22-2015, 04:53 AM.

I like the clavicle repair!
    Much better work the what I had to settle for here in the US.
    Mine was busted into 3 pieces.
    They just said; It'll bind back together, so just wear this strap and arm sling for a couple weeks.
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
      I like the clavicle repair!
      Much better work the what I had to settle for here in the US.
      Mine was busted into 3 pieces.
      They just said; It'll bind back together, so just wear this strap and arm sling for a couple weeks.
      Yea, they did a good job on me all for free. It did poke out of my skin which is why they sorted it straight away.
      3 months off work, Fixing my bike with one arm.
      Hence the paint job. 14 spray cans.
      Cheers.

Comment

Hey, I worked with some gals in Alaska back in the day from Opunake. Anywhere near you? Is that a Fizzer thou? Rarely see those for sale around here.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Nice H2!!!!!!!

Comment

I'll guess it's the 500cc H1, also called the Mach III. Still nice though, and the mother of the H2. The beginning of the Kaw dynasty that lives today.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Turk View Post
              Hey, I worked with some gals in Alaska back in the day from Opunake. Anywhere near you? Is that a Fizzer thou? Rarely see those for sale around here.
              Opunaki is the middle of the north island. im in the middle of the south island its a million miles from here. (about 500 kilometres) Yep its a thou. Its a handful at the track. I call it the whale.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                I'll guess it's the 500cc H1, also called the Mach III. Still nice though, and the mother of the H2. The beginning of the Kaw dynasty that lives today.
                Yep its a H1 500 (my baby) owned it 25 years now. Great for squirting around town in summer with a tee shirt and jandals on. No good on the open road.
                I have a guzzi for the long trips. Great bike too. No good round town wearing jandals.

Now you've seen all my bikes!

Comment

Sweet!!!!!!

Comment

I know that bike Greg T did some work on the front end .

Comment

Isn't that the bike cyriltheswan (trademe name) was selling not long back? Was going to look at myself but he's moved from Darfield it would appear. I have a 550 that I'm going to race pre 89 at some stage, just sorting a BEARS bike first. I'm in Oxford BTW if anyone's close.

Comment

Originally posted by the oldstuff View Post
                        Isn't that the bike cyriltheswan (trademe name) was selling not long back? Was going to look at myself but he's moved from Darfield it would appear. I have a 550 that I'm going to race pre 89 at some stage, just sorting a BEARS bike first. I'm in Oxford BTW if anyone's close.
                        Late 550 ? In period, they were quite popular in junior production racing. You'll find several guys around your speed in pre 89 CAMS. I'm in Hororata.

Comment

Working...
                        X