No announcement yet.

bs34ss assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those fuel mixture screws control the pilot circut. Order on the screw is spring first, then washer, then o-ring. Screwing them in eliminates fuel and screwing them out adds fuel. Start at 1 1/2 and don't go past four or the springs will be loose and it will fall out. Adjust to fastest idle between 1 and 3.5 and then set idle with idles adjustment screw when warm. If it doesn't affect idle speed leave at 2.5. Info from http://www.mtsac.edu/~cliff/storage/...d_Tutorial.pdf

Comment

I'd start them a little more open then 1.5 turns. More like 2.5 as a starting baseline. Easier to do the initial start and tune in.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
      1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
      1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

That's where they were when i put the carbs back together, 2.5 turns out, and #4 was the only carb that did something to the running

Comment

hopefully a good follow up to verify nothing is plugged up in any passages will have you cooking again. Keeping your stock air box they shouldn't need much jet or tuning schenanigans. Something is just not open in your pilot circuit and it didn't start till they got pulled off. Good luck

Comment

Well i've tried everything including the circuit passages chase and still the same, just not as bad. Since i have done everything else, including shimming the needle which made it run to 4k on no choke almost immediately, i think that since it was a fresh rebuild when i bought it and everything is broke in motor wise i need to step the pilots up one to 40 from the 37.5 since the cans have the baffles punched out. I will let you know how that goes since i leave for 12 days for the USS Stennis on Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
            X