PVC Pipe and it's many uses....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PVC Pipe and it's many uses....

Well for a quick bike stand, or as a spare one, or if your a cheap SOB, you can make your own out of PVC pipe.....

I don't have the measurements of this particular one, just saw the image and thought I would share.....

Sort of a neat idea....

Ummmmmm. No thanks. Metal slides on PVC quite readily.
    sigpic
    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
    -Rusty old scooter.
    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Where did you hide the green zip ties ?
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

OK, so some rubber needs to be added to the contact point, then again if the bike has spools it wouldn't go anywhere.....

Comment

After an Aluminium harbor freight unit bent and dumped one of my GS's I think I'd be very cautious about using this one...
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Id try it albeit it with reservations. Agreed on the rubber on the contact points. In that design the highest stress will come as you are lifting the bike and the uprights are flexing away from vertical. What I'd do personally in have a second piece sleeved into each upright to add strength and guard against breakage.

Comment

Where does the flush handle go?
              The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

(that hurts, Cyrano! ...but I like the idea and... that Confidence is exhibited in that it's shown being used on a table so high off the ground .
                But because it's easy to use (slip under, lever down) it looks awfully like it would slip out too easily by accident. Maybe the bike is chocked-and-locked at the front but still:
                All in all, I am glad I have a center stand.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                  After an Aluminium harbor freight unit bent and dumped one of my GS's I think I'd be very cautious about using this one...
                  I was actually looking at some of that Harbor Freight stuff. I get leave soon and I wanted to stop by their shop in SoCal.

I'll remember your warning.

Comment

I used to make all sorts of stuff from PVC. Most of it an utter disaster. It's too brittle when cold and too weak for anything other than low pressure air or liquid inside the pipe. This idea seems just as foolish as the dozens I have come up with myself.
                    Currently bikeless
                    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Check out You Tube, you can find videos of guys making archery longbows out of it, and yes they work. My kid did one.

Comment

I built a tank for a homemade ram pump out of PVC a while back. Thing actually worked great.

Comment

Many a tater has met its untimely end in my - er umm, contraptions. The last one was 6 1/2' long with a 5' rifled barrel, nearly sniper accurate at 250 yards.

Comment

We made a trebuchet out of PVC that would hurl an egg nearly a quarter mile, with pretty good accuracy. Could hit the same house almost every time. The eggs mostly stayed together until they landed. Jackass probably never figured it out, but he was a real jackass anyway.
                            Actually the accuracy came after we switched to a used pole vaulting pole for the arm. The PVC was too flimsy for that part.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

^^^ Dude. You are AWESOME. ^^^

When Dad was alive he always talked about making one to fling fish guts into the neighboring RV park that got built to ONE FOOT from his yard. Owner was a real turd, so every so often Dad would host a free "dyno night" at his metal shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X