Project bike not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project bike not starting

Hi I am new to this so sorry if I get it wrong. I have just bought a gs425 1979 hardtail and have got to the stage of trying to fire it up, I am getting an issue with fuel only to one cylinder and not starting. there is also a challenge with the electrics in that it keeps shorting and blowing the fuse (have gone through 15 or so) I am hoping I have the wiring correct as I know I have spark and power to all of the ancillaries, but keeps also blowing the fuse when I try to switch the headlight on. I am a bit stuck as I am doing this as a memorial bike and want to have it running and ready for mid june, but not sure where to start, if anyone can help

sorry also wondering where all of the pipes go on the petcock as has 2 outputs but 3 pipes, 2 I know are breathers from the bottom of the carb area, big pipe for main fuel intake, then another moving connection on the top left part for a tube

Comment

Originally posted by Sgman27 View Post
      sorry also wondering where all of the pipes go on the petcock as has 2 outputs but 3 pipes, 2 I know are breathers from the bottom of the carb area, big pipe for main fuel intake, then another moving connection on the top left part for a tube
      Look at this parts fiche- part #42 is likely a vacuum line up to petcock on fuel tank.

disconnect headlight, will it still blow fuse? The 15 amp fuse is close to maximum normally at startup- any problem and it will blow

this wiring diagram should be similar to your gs425

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X