1984 gs 1150e suspension swap upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 gs 1150e suspension swap upgrade.

Here is my bike. Love it. I am interested in upgrading/swapping the front and rear suspension. Is there any bolt on swaps out there that fit this model. I have looked around I'm just not sure what applies directly to the 1150.
    Attached Files

For the front upgrade anything can be a direct swap with the proper bearings from all balls racing. They have adapter bearings and even a handy chart that starts from your bike then you look to the donor bike front end and it gives you a part number. For the rear you may need to shave the pivot point, either on frame or on donor swing arm for clearance. Also most modern swing arms use a larger pivot bolt so you'll either have to drill out the frame or fab up some sleeves to go over your stock pivot bolt and inside the donor swing arm. Hope this helps.

Comment

With proper spacers you can run 17" wheels and the extra long 1150 forks have much less of a ground clearance problem. Of course it won't be the same as something like the 41 mm GSXR fork or the even thicker Bandit units.

The 17 wheels will also fit the mono shock you have.

Comment

Thank you Both. I will consider this. What started all of this was the photo I saw of a gs motorcycle with a wider rear tire and different front end. I measured for tire width options fitting in my existing rear end and it won't accept much bigger to be safe. I really like the look and would like to hear details of a successful modification.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-09-2015, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Still open to ideas on this if you have any cool pics of a mod.

Comment

Originally posted by cantfindergrinder View Post
            Still open to ideas on this if you have any cool pics of a mod.
            You can go to either of these sub-forums and find plenty of threads for people that have done suspension upgrades of all kinds.

Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Comment

Working...
            X