Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!hey guys new here and thinking about buying a 1980 suzuki gs850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run don't walk from that price. I have a turnkey 850L for sale for that money, you can do better.

V
    Gustov
    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
    81 GS 1000 G
    79 GS 850 G
    81 GS 850 L
    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
    80 GS 550 L
    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
    2002 Honda 919
    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

If you really feel good about the advice these seasoned Suzuki riders are giving you---------please,please do yourself a favor and pass on this one. If not, you'll be sorry.
      Larry

'79 GS 1000E
      '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
      '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
      '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
      '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Ok guys passed on that one and found another 80 suzuki gs850 so wont have to change my name and this one runs and rides and has been taken much better care of has had fork seals replaced carbs rebuilt wheel bearings replaced brakes replaced chain and sprocket and chain new valve cover gasket new battery and im sure im forgetting somethings else hes done

Now onto the bad it has a small oil leak coming from the oil filter housing, needs a tach cable because it broke, and the choke cable is siezed up, and the carbs need synchronized and it needs a new back tire

Clean and clear title and also comes with a bike cover battery tender and cylmer manual and he said he would take 650 but he was asking 950

Comment

Originally posted by 80suzukigs850 View Post
          found another 80 suzuki gs850
          Nice move. Now start reading ...BikeCliff Website
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

<snip>replaced chain and sprocket and chain new valve cover gasket new battery
            A 1980 GS850 is shaft drive...
            De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

^^Doh! --Better post pics of said bike.

Ed
              GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
              GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
              GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
              Originally posted by GSXR7ED
              Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Ok i just relized that. And i got my bikes mixed up ive been looking at too many and im getting them mixed up and im trying to post a pic but its not letting me

Comment

tmp_23538-Screenshot_2015-05-26-19-53-211573204723.jpg ok this is the bike and sorry for the pic size im on my phone

Comment

Hard to tell from that. Have you got a link ?
                    97 R1100R
                    Previous
                    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Once again, you are finding PARTIAL bikes.

We can't help you much, because we have no idea where in the world you are, but there is a member selling an '81 850 in northern Wisconsin. Even if you have to travel to get it, you will probably spend less money overall to get it on the road.

Here is a link to the thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...tern-Wisconsin

Last edited by Steve; 05-27-2015, 06:56 AM.
                      sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Ok i must be a idiot then please elaborate on how this is not a complete bike steve and i am in wichita ks so wisconsin is way out of the question

And the url is http://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/5025297362.html

Comment

Ok i must be a idiot then please elaborate on how this is not a complete bike steve and i am in wichita ks so wisconsin is way out of the question

And the url is http://wichita.craigslist.org/mcy/5025297362.html
                          It appears to be missing a good portion of the exhaust system, the rear fender and directionals at the very least.

Comment

Ok so the turn signals are all there and the rear fender is something i am not worried about i like it better without it and even if it had the fender it was going to be taken off when i start to cafe racer it and the exhast is another thing that would have been taken off but i mean if yall can find a bike that im not finding that is 1000 dollars or less near me thats any better please let me know

Comment

Ok so the turn signals are all there and the rear fender is something i am not worried about i like it better without it and even if it had the fender it was going to be taken off when i start to cafe racer it and the exhast is another thing that would have been taken off but i mean if yall can find a bike that im not finding that is 1000 dollars or less near me thats any better please let me know
                              Hmm, so in your version of a cafe racer, you are only going to have header pipes with no mufflers?

Comment

Yes for the time being would rather be heard then have the stock muffler and i dont believe there is a check list for what u have to have and what u cant have to be considered a cafe racer. Damn all of the lovly attitude makes a guy feel welcome here

Comment

Working...
                                X