Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!!!!hey guys new here and thinking about buying a 1980 suzuki gs850

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rods big t and jbird. Thank you i offered him 800 and he shot me 1200 then i said a grand and he said yes and hes gunna deliver it so thats a big plus

Comment

Ok guys this gs 1000 is most likely the bike that i will be getting. What is the difference between a 1000c e s l or g?

Comment

The G models are the classic type (mostly flat seat) with shaft drive, larger gas tanks, L models have smaller gas tanks and the "stepped seat" (think imitation HD cruiser),
        the C model supposedly has conventional shocks, e model had gas shocks in the rear.)

got that from
        http://www.suzukicycles.org/GS-series/GS1000.shtml which seems a good resource.

Comment

Isn't the 1000 a chain drive?

Comment

Not if it is a 1000G...... G= shaft drive.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

I believe it is a c its chain driven wit a flat seat and conventional shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 80suzukigs850 View Post
                I believe it is a c its chain driven wit a flat seat and conventional shocks
                That '78 you bought or are buying is an early 1000 chain drive. The shaft 1000G didn't come out til '80. Looks like a decent runner for $1k. With the pods and exhaust baffles removed he rejetted, but it will be loud(obnoxious to most) and probably still have some popping when letting off the throttle. It will be about 40lbs lighter than if you bought the 850G. Those seats are comfy so think twice about hacking up the seat.

Comment

Yea i like the seat alot and i am on the hunt for some baffles

Comment

Working...
                  X