Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GS Cafe

Opinion Poll
    There are many members that have grasped hold of building a "cafe" style bike, and from the short time I have been on the site I have seen many different builds from the U.S. and abroad and most seem to be of good quality and are not just thrown together.
    This would be a continuous thread where people of like mind could post their builds or ideas, find other members, make connections, start new friendships , all based around a chosen style of bike that was popular overseas in the UK, The Ace Cafe, though these were a majority...British bikes, soon the Honda became the bike to build into the "cafe" racer, now people are using all major brands.
    Lets see if this will continue to draw a crowd. We are all GS supporters however we decide to reincarnate these vintage machines.

I'm a newbie to the site, and I recently got a 78 gs 750.
    I decide to get this bike because of the bulletproof reputation of the motor!
    I have gotten so much enjoyment out of modifying this motorcycle to meet my vision of a café racer!
    As Gs owner's we are so fortunate to have the resources of the site for all our mechanical issues!
    I look forward to continuing to modify my motorcycle, and being able to bounce my ideas on other GS owners!
    If you are modifying a GS, I will gladly try and weigh in on any ideas or questions you have!
    There is a wealth of information on the site and you should use it to get your GS properly running before trying any mods!
    Remember measure twice and ask questions three times before chopping have fun!

Attached Files

Comment

finally got the balls up to "try" putting on my pods
      0 to 3/4 feeling strong, WOT **** jets to big!
      O well 3ed times the charm, i hope

After i clean up the wiring she'l be looking good!
      Attached Files

Comment

hey,. im in..

Comment

Im in i have caught the bug am on my way to buying the bike i am gunna turn into a cafe

What do u guys think
          Was sitting for a while the 5 years ago the owner got it back running and has been riding it for the last 5 years

Comment

Way overpriced for a bike with a lot of wrong parts or missing parts. I have a better GS 1000 I could sell a lot cheaper.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

What all is missing and are wrong parts and he said he would take 1000 for the bike

Comment

Looks ok to me, long as it runs good.

Comment

Thats what im thinking g3 im in the middle of kansas and its slim pickins. Yea it runs and rides.

Comment

If that mileage is correct I say go for it, but that might be hard to figure out!

Comment

Well hes got the duplicate title on the way and unless he pulled a fast one over the tag office i believe its the correct miles it was sitting from 84 due to the previous owner wrecking his other motorcycle and this one sat up until 5 years ago and the current owner has been riding it for the last 5 years is there anyway to check what the true miles are like a bike fox or something
                      Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2015, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I do like, you don't see a lot of 78 gs1000 with spoke rims!

Comment

Yea thats what i liked about it too

Comment

Well I guess another section isn't going to hurt anything and those that aren't interested can ignore it. Personally, I think the "café" thing is done to death like the "chopper" but I do enjoy the builds and some are done very well. Most ,unfortunately, are total crap and strictly speaking don't follow the true "café" format, especially those built from inline 4s.

The wonderful thing about living in the western world is we all pretty much have freedom of choice and we can build crap if we want to so go to it I say. I can ignore it if I want.

Comment

Working...
                            X