• Time
  • Show
Clear All

To this, I like it better!
    Attached Files

Comment

^^I like it better, too!

Ed
      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
        ^^I like it better, too!

Ed
        thanks Bro

Comment

Originally posted by 80suzukigs850 View Post
          Im in i have caught the bug am on my way to buying the bike i am gunna turn into a cafe

What do u guys think
          Was sitting for a while the 5 years ago the owner got it back running and has been riding it for the last 5 years

GS1000 makes a poor cafe racer..... Maybe less cafe, and more Superbike.

...or for inspiration, this:
          Last edited by 8ball; 06-05-2015, 08:21 PM.
          1979 GS550, 2003 R6, 1998 XR400 Dual Sport, 2004 V-Star.........

Decisions, decisions, what to ride, today.
          sigpic
          My GS550 Build

Comment

G-3, I would suggest two things to consider on your bike:
            1. an inner rear fender of some sort to keep your rear tire from shooting dirt and crap right at your filters.
            2. Rear sets wold make the riding position more natural and comfortable with the low bars

sigpic
            My GS550 Build

Comment

Originally posted by G-3 View Post
              To this, I like it better!

G-3, just curious....have you rejetted the bike for the alterations to the intake and exhaust yet?
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Yea 8 ball ive gone from cafe racer theme to a hybrid cafe racer/superbike

Comment

of course, 17.5 pilot, two notches richer on needle started at 117.5 main now down to 110 but i am at 6000ft on 0-3\4 is great, still working on wot, scared to go any leaner. waiting on oem gasket to check valve clearance, then vac sync carb and start chop test.

Comment

Originally posted by 8ball View Post
                    G-3, I would suggest two things to consider on your bike:
                    1. an inner rear fender of some sort to keep your rear tire from shooting dirt and crap right at your filters.
                    2. Rear sets wold make the riding position more natural and comfortable with the low bars
                    maybe a temp or removable inner would be ok, I do want to do rear set, but it pretty comfy, think the bar raiser on the front so i could lower it made the piston more natural!

Comment

@ 8ball, i think that's a great idea it will be bad ass!

Comment

There's that old-style fork brace again!
                        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

The inner fender could be just a piece of sheet metal. It wouldn't even need to be that noticeable.

sigpic
                          My GS550 Build

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            There's that old-style fork brace again!
                            Rob, you and them dern Fork Braces!

Ed
                            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

The inner fender could be just a piece of sheet metal. It wouldn't even need to be that noticeable.
                              Tru, i could pant it black, maybe try and find a piece of mettle with those raised vent holes!
                              Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2015, 10:48 PM.

Comment

kinda like this
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X