Hack Racing, Summit Point WV June 27/28 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hack Racing, Summit Point WV June 27/28 2015

I think I have 99% of the issues sorted out and the new-to-me GS1100 is running pretty good. I not 100% happy with the carbs but it is good enough for my first outing. That will be Jun 27/28 if anyone wants to come watch.

The sidecars put on a pretty good show (yes, I am indeed biased!).

Watch out for the extra torque - particularly if the response is uneven...

Couple of years back i set up the cams and carbs on an existing outfit. First time out, the pilot took a big handful exiting a slow corner as they'd been used to doing. Came out completely sideways, brown trou for both pilot and passenger. It had previously had very poor midrange and carb response..

Comment

I live off summit point rd. I'll have to come check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by GregT View Post
        Watch out for the extra torque - particularly if the response is uneven...

Couple of years back i set up the cams and carbs on an existing outfit. First time out, the pilot took a big handful exiting a slow corner as they'd been used to doing. Came out completely sideways, brown trou for both pilot and passenger. It had previously had very poor midrange and carb response..
        sorry for the delayed response. Had to attend to spousal issues - two more surgeries - ugh, when will it end!

Anyway, thanks for the tip! This track has a really long straight followed by two back-to-back turns yielding a 180 degree reversal in direction. I've come close to sliding off the track more than once. I'll be mindful of your warning.

Originally posted by jbird7262 View Post
        I live off summit point rd. I'll have to come check that out.
        please do! all the sidecars are usually together. Plus two sidecar clubs will be coming with a variety of rigs including some awesome HP rigs sporting hub center steering.

Comment

Sweet!!!!!!

Comment

Has hack racing changed much since Side Hackers was filmed?

"Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
              Has hack racing changed much since Side Hackers was filmed?

cool clip! I sold my offroad racing rig (like shown in the vid). Those are still hugely popular in Europe and down-under.

Comment

Working...
              X