need pic of cdi box connector gs300l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need pic of cdi box connector gs300l

My connector is missing and found a cdi box. The wiring diagram in the manual doesnt really show the order of the wires. If anyone has a pic of the cdi connector for a gs300l I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks everyone.

From what I understand The GS series never used a CDI ignition. Perhaps you can find the information you need here: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
    '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
      From what I understand The GS series never used a CDI ignition. Perhaps you can find the information you need here: http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/
      The factory manual shows the wiring diagram, but doesn't have what order they are inside the connector. PLEASE SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE A PIC!

Comment

The manuals should have a wiring diagram if the link I gave you covers your bike's year model. The wires are color coded, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
        '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by daves82gs300 View Post
          The factory manual shows the wiring diagram, but doesn't have what order they are inside the connector. PLEASE SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE A PIC!
          The diagram shows the connectors, wire color code on both sides of the connector and a color code chart. I don't know what else to do to help. The 300L isn't the most popular in the line of GS motorcycles so a picture of the connector might be hard to come by and certainly won't tell you more than the wiring diagram. You are missing a connector, know which wire connects to which even if there is a change in color codes because of the diagram. Get an appropriate modern matching set of plugs and crimping tool and you are done. You can do the same with modern connectors that are waterproof. Make sure the ignition module is the right part. I don't believe any GS bike ever used a CDI: http://vintageconnections.com/
          Last edited by OldVet66; 06-09-2015, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I just took time to download your manual. I imagine the plug is laid out exactly as the diagram of the ignitor in General Information 1-14 Signal Generator. Two wires into the ignitor and four wires out.

Comment

Esoteric insight about the Suzuki GS300L ignitor (CDI) connector pin configuration:
              (Used after 1980 in at least a few models)

Signal generator L G/W
              Signal generator R Br
              Ignition coil W
              Ignition coil B/Y
              Ignition coil common O/W
              Signal generator common B/Bl
              Ground B/W
              GS300L connector 1.jpg
              Last edited by jborum; 05-03-2021, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Connector view 1:

GS300L connector 2.jpg

Comment

Connector view 2:

GS300L connector 3.jpg

Comment

Hey daves82gs300! Did you ever get this figured out? I have a 1985 GS300L and I also need to know which wires go in which positions on my CDI igniter. I see them listed here but since the diagram is flat the CDI box has 2 levels (4 pins on top or on bottom of 3 pins) I'm having trouble with my CD I and need to see know the 100% correction wiring for the CDI. Thanks to everyone on this!!!

Comment

Hey jborum. I see your photos views 1 and 2 and your list. The photos and list are SUPER helpful. I have a 85 GS300L and I've been struggling to get it to spark correctly and consitantly. These photos and list are GREAT. Would it be possible to shoot a photo of your coils from the top so I can see what colored wires go to what connections on each coil???? That would REEEEEAAAAALLY help clear things up for me. Also my AC unit has wires that look like the ones you have but also has a green and yellow wire coming out of it as well. On my bike that wire is just hanging there unconnected since the CDI box only has 7 pins.... Is that the same with yours??? Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                      X