My 1982 GS1100e Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1982 GS1100e Project

Thought I would share a picture of my 1982 Gs1100e. The engine is bored to an 1150, welded crank, lockup clutch, and 38mm Minkuni Flatslides.
    It was just painted 2014 Ford Ruby red.
    Lots of little detail work still to do.
    Attached Files

Very cool 'go fast' parts. Nice corbin, bet you can really plant yourself with that one. Anything done to the suspension? and welcome to the site.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Welcome to the site, rh.
      Nice looking semi-sleeper.
      I bet you will be surprising a lot of other bikes with the power of your GS.
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        ...I bet you will be surprising a lot of other bikes with the power of your GS.
        Have you had her on a dyno? What about scales?

As a fellow 11EZ owner, I'm always interested in weight and power.

Welcome aboard.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by rhgilchrist View Post
          It was just painted 2014 Ford Ruby red.
          Any details on that ? Base / clear I would imagine. Looks very nice !
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I talked to my buddy who did the paint. it's actually a base, tinted clear, and then clear.

Comment

Hello fellow GS1100E lovers. I'm about to reclaim a GS1100E I owned in the late 90's. The poor thing is in pieces now and I'm gonna do a full rebuild. I was thinking of extending the swing arm and ditching the stock rear shocks. I'm new to the forum, so any advice would be appreciated. I'll try to post a pic of me on the bike when I owned it in the 90's.
              GS 1100 2 (2).jpg

Comment

second pic of my GS

GS 1100 (2).jpgSecond pic of my GS.

Comment

What is your goal in extending the swingarm? Are you planning on taking it on 1/4 milers?

I would not want to extend the swingarm for general riding as it will change the bike's profile, and affect its handling.

You should pop into the GS Owner's sub-forum and introduce yourself in your own thread.

Welcome to the GSR
                  '83 GS650G
                  '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

No BigD, I'm not gonna get it on the 1/4. I just recently found out I had the opportunity to get the bike back and started looking around at some pics, really like the look. I don't see myself getting real aggressive on it like I did back in the day, so I may be ok with sacrificing a little performance for aesthetics. Still in the planning phase so nothing is set in stone, just kicking around ideas. Fairly certain it wont look stock when I'm done. I'll post a pic of a GS I found that I like. Thanks for suggesting I should do an intro, will do that now. I'll also keep a full thread of the rebuild and pics of progress.i300826402313.jpg.

Comment

You should really post your own introduction thread, not take over someone elses.
                      Rob
                      1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                      Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

My apologies everyone, and azr. Didn't mean to step on any toes.. I'm apparently the newby I see so many b#tching about. Just glad to find the forum and will try to practice better etiquette in the future.

Comment

Working...
                        X