No announcement yet.

Air pods on Gs850 carb tuning and settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here is one right before it was completely finished but it looks good going down the road.
    Attached Files

Comment

I love it! Great job

Originally posted by lbuwalda View Post
      here is one right before it was completely finished but it looks good going down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by OldVet66 View Post
        The Dynojet kits are designed for use with quality pods. You might find that you haven't saved anything by getting cheap pods. If you have your old air box, I would put it right back on and do whatever it takes to insure it functions correctly. The beauty of the 850 was smooth power delivery. It's not a hot rod and you can easily destroy it's best characteristics. You will not gain much of anything with pods on that bike. Elevation is not a consideration on your bike, CV carburetors self adjust for elevation changes unlike the VM carburetors on my bike.
        I don't believe a carbureted bike will self adjust for elevation. Jmo.
        Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
        Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
        Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
          I don't believe a carbureted bike will self adjust for elevation. Jmo.
          Those with CV carburetors will adjust almost perfectly for elevation, especially if they still have the stock intake system.

Some motorcycles do it better than others, but the Suzuki GSes with CVs are very good. I have ridden a lot of them with completely stock jetting up to 14,000'. Any size GS, from 450s to 1100s, they all run flawlessly except for being a little bit down on power, and you may have to turn the idle speed screw in a little bit if you care about how it idles. They all start right up, run well with good throttle response, no issues at all.

VMs on the other hand run like crap outside of the little elevation window they are tuned for.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
          X