Throttle stuck on open after changing grips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle stuck on open after changing grips

I recently changed handlebars and grips to get the look I want, but when I unscrewed the throttle box on the handlebars the whole thing kinda sprung apart. I tried putting it back to the way I thought it was but now that I have everything put back on the new handlebars and ready to go, it seems to have been stuck on full throttle. I don't know if I put it back together wrong or if the cables are pinched or what?
    Attached Files

Assemble it off the handlebar until you figure it out. You don't even need to screw it together. Just clamp it all together with one hand and test the throttle action with the other. It won't be as smooth as when the tube runs on the bar, but it will turn well enough to verify the assembly.
    Dogma
    --
    O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
    '80 GS850 GLT
    '80 GS1000 GT
    '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Check that the cable sleeves haven't "popped out" of the seats at the carb end or at the grip end.
      Current:
      Z1300A5 Locomotive (swapped my Intruder for it), GS450 Cafe Project (might never finish it....), XT500 Commuter (I know - it's a Yamaha )

Past:
      VL1500 Intruder (swapped for Z1300), ZX9R Streetfighter (lets face it - too fast....), 1984 GSX750EF, 1984 GSX1100EF (AKA GS1150)
      And a bunch of other crap Yamahas....

Comment

Working...
      X