Left for dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left for dead

Left for dead out in the AZ sun for 25 years....
    First thing is get the faring in the dumpster, and see if it turns over at all....
    Attached Files

Originally posted by busa1300 View Post

-Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Busa1300 it will be great resto for it , and please show us some pics of the other bikes in garage please , brian

Comment

I dumped my Windjammer too, but later found out people still want those. Maybe you can list it here and sell it.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Left for dead out in the AZ sun for 25 years....
          First thing is get the faring in the dumpster, and see if it turns over at all....
          At least it was in the AZ sun and not along the coast of Florida where the good salt air could work on it....

Welcome to the forum.
          1978 GS1000E
          1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
          1981 GS1100E
          1982 GS1100E
          1982 GS1000SZ
          1983 GS1100ED
          1983 GS1100ESD
          1978 Honda CB750K
          1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            I dumped my Windjammer too, but later found out people still want those. Maybe you can list it here and sell it.

What he ^ said. If that windjammer is in good shape, it could fetch some good cash to help defray the resto costs.
            Larry

'79 GS 1000E
            '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
            '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
            '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
            '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

First thing is get the faring in the dumpster, ...............
              Jammer looks good. Doesnt seem to have the sun damage I was expecting, least not in that pic.
              Yah, is market for those.
              I sold one real easy/quick for $150, as a good price for fellow forum member. (although shipping/delivery is a concern).
              Advertize what model it is, II, III or IV or whatever.
              Keep the mounting with it. Advertise what mounting it is for what bike.
              Keep the wiring harness with it.
              Is worth lot less if dont have the mounting and the wiring harness.
              (I still might have electronic copy of the owners manaul. I think it was a II, maybe a III.)
              Last edited by Redman; 06-25-2015, 12:58 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

"Northern IN" .... hey.

I just went thru NW Indiania a couple weeks ago. (See Brown County Rally thread.)

Are some good GSR members in NW Indiania.

Hey !
                A skunk !
                A Kat !
                A GXR !

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

I like your garage.
                  1981 GS 1100e turbo, 83 motor, turbo pistons, new head, new turbo, backed and welded clutch basket, Dyna S ignition, cbr 929 front end, gsxr 750 rear end with 190 tire, all carbon fiber covered bodywork.

Comment

Yes.....bugger the rusted up bike you found, show us the other ones in your garage...heck show us your garage! the pictures about your tool chests look pretty interesting.
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Back to life....

Thanks for the interest guys....
                      I've been a Suzuki GS fan since Easter 1982, when I brought my first one home. It was a 1978 GS1000E with just over 1000 miles, and looked like something that would give a lifetime of thrills to a clueless 19 year old.
                      Here is a pic of me in 83 after I put my Kerker on

The GS I just picked up is more like the living dead.
                      I hooked up a battery charger and it turned over, so that was the first good sign.
                      I pulled the fairing off, redid the headlight/ignition wiring, and checked for spark...which it had.
                      I pulled off filter box and shot some starter fluid in it....and it fired....!!!!!
                      So I said what the hell....I plugged the vacuum to the petcock and put a bottle of gas onto the crusty fuel line.
                      Turned the key, pulled the choke, hit the starter.....and it fired on all 4 cylinders.
                      The idle started to pick up and turned choke off....and the damn thing was running near perfect...!!!!

Checked compression, and all cylinders read between 125 and 130.....It's a keeper

As far as the fairing....if one of you guys wants it.....it's yours if you want to pick it up...FREE
                      Attached Files

Comment

The Zombie after its first wash in 25 years... Starting to look like a bike again.
                        Attached Files

Comment

One side of the garage....
                          Attached Files

Comment

Heres the side for any major surgery....
                            Attached Files

Comment

Awesome story and pictures!! I had a feeling your garage would look something like that, very nice indeed. Sure goes to show how bullet proof these old GS bikes are. Man, that exhaust looks like it's in pretty good shape, hopefully the tanks salvageable
                              Last edited by azr; 06-25-2015, 09:09 PM.
                              Rob
                              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Working...
                              X