No announcement yet.

Left for dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No obvious holes in tank, and I was able to pop out the dent on the top....I'm going to fill it with pool acid and see if anything leaks out. It was how I saved my GT750J gas tank...

Comment

I just realized it's a Skunk. It looked red in your first pic.

Awesome shop/garage.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Welcome to the site, Busa.
        With a collection and garage like that you probably won't be needing any help.
        Nice to see another Skunk rescued.
        I see a hot rod CBX in the background. Are you documenting that project anywhere?
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The CBX as well as most my other bikes are found in this thread....

Might need to go through a few pages to get to the CBX...
          it's still not done, but will be in a few more months...

Comment

Welcome to the site....as others said....awesome spot, awesome collection. Heck even the beer fridge is old and cool.
            Whats the old hot rod?
            So cool that the bike fired and ran that easily.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

The garage......we are starting to hate you. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                The garage......we are starting to hate you. Jealousy is an ugly thing.
                Well....
                Ive been riding almost 35 years, so I have had a chance to collect a few things along the way.
                Lost several houses and numerous cars and $$$ through a few very unpleasant divorces....but I've kept my bikes.....I just wish they all ran.

Comment

WTF?!? Who the H3LL are you? Your garage just gave me a h^rdon! You in the market for a new best friend? I'm available...

That's an awesome find, I have been looking for another project like that one to bring back to life. Amazing it runs! Good luck with her.

Maybe all of us Northern Indiana guys can get together sometime for a ride, or maybe even form a new rally...
                  '83 GS 1100T
                  The Jet

sigpic
                  '95 GSXR 750w
                  The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Heres the Hot Rod in the background...
                    1933 Plymouth with a bored, and Keith Black stroked 426 based HEMI.
                    18 spline 4 speed with a 4.10 Halibrand quickchange rear...
                    Tube frame all built by my dad over 10 years ago....

Attached Files

Comment

Holy smokes.....badness indeed!
                      My uncle has the same car, but far more mild.
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys.... sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the stuff that needs to be fixed or finished....
                        But at the same time, it is the only thing that keeps me sane......

Digging up some parts. Have headlight, headlight ears, and one turn signal, fork seals and carb bowl gaskets...
                        Thinking about putting on some wire wheels, so i can get more substantial rubber on the road.
                        18x3.5 and 18x2.75 wheels with a 150x70 and 110x80 tread possibly.......deciding spoke length for front still.

Attached Files

Comment

Northern Indiana and Chicagoland are really close. Are you in partnership with Ichiban Moto? My guess he is your secret helper to keep all these toys running so well. Very BadAss!!
                          Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                          '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                          '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                          '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                          '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Are those Morris rims on your other Skunk? That ol' Chrysler must be something else to drive.
                            Rob
                            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by busa1300 View Post
                              The CBX as well as most my other bikes are found in this thread....

Might need to go through a few pages to get to the CBX...
                              it's still not done, but will be in a few more months...
                              Enjoying this thread......especially this post, ha,ha

I had a really spotless 75 GT and was all "oh, should I cut it up.... boo, hoo"
                              I had a really spotless 75 GT and I was all "Oh, should I cut it up...boo hoo"

Then I grew my BALLS back and got the f#$*ing grinder out!!!!

my BALLS back and got the ****in grinder out!!!!!
                              Then I grew my BALLS back and got the ****in grinder out!!!!!
                              Last edited by azr; 06-26-2015, 11:56 PM.
                              Rob
                              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

THAT is a beautiful bike, very nicely done.
                                Rob

Comment

Working...
                                X