The Contribution Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Contribution Thread

I understand that Frank is freshly back from his Appalachian Trail adventures and should soon be rejoining the restoration of Mr. Ratley to the rare Yellow Frank GS.

There are three things we members can contribute to help him:
    1) Advice,
    2) Parts,
    3) Money.

I predict there will be no shortage of advice, This thread is to facilitate the other two.

The mailing/shipping address to send parts and supplies is:

Frank Perreault
    29 Pine Top Road
    Blairsville, GA 30512

For money donations we are going to use the old sendfranktocamp paypal account we established a few years ago to make sure we got to see this mysterious Frank person on at least one of our GSR rides/rallies each year. The purpose of the fund remains the same; but it now includes the motorcycle he will be on when he attends. Paypal funds to:

sendfranktocamp@earthlink.net

Using this separate account will make it easier to track and later somehow recognize everyone who contributes specifically for this project. Funds collected in previous years have all been transferred to Frank less $34.71 which is our starting balance. I will try to keep up with the balance changes here on this post.

Frank, tell us what you need.
    Last edited by administrator; 07-30-2015, 08:26 AM. Reason: Fixed spelling of my last name. :)
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Thanks Don for putting this together. Yes, I am off the trail for a couple of weeks while we go through the hottest part of the summer (for us anyway).

As for parts needed, I don't have the list put together. I will need a tach cable and clutch cable but i will be sure to put a list together when I get the bike stripped completely down to the frame. I am almost there now. I will keep you updated.

Frank

Comment

< < < bump > > >

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Just out of curiosity, who was Frank, and why were people asked to send him money? Judging by the lack of posts, is "Frank" still around. I just joined this forum and saw this odd post, no back round story or anything. I am not trying to be disrespectful, just genuinely curious.

Comment

Frank kind'f runs this site. Go to home page, look up Yellow Frank Project, I think that's what this thread was about... Then go to Support Us and read that. Welcome,
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

This is Frank's website. He has done all of the technical and administrative work to keep it going for over two decades now. And he does so without remuneration. The money you donate is used to pay for the server space, licenses, etc. It keeps Frank from having to go out of pocket to provide us this service. Note that there are no ads or paywalls on the site. This is because that's the way Frank wants it.

Click on HOMEPAGE at the bottom of the screen and then on About. There you will find titles that will answer this and other questions you may have on the organization and history of the site.
            Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
            80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
              . . . . . .. . . . . . . . Judging by the lack of posts, is "Frank" still around. . . . . . . .
              Frank post occasionaly by the name of "administrator". And we know his name is Frank.

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Frank post occasionaly by the name of "administrator". And we know his name is Frank.
                Some of us have even met the elusive Mr. Frank....

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Sorta off topic....but......Are the contributors to the site being recognized any longer? I sent a donation a few weeks ago and my profile still shows "Past Site Supporter"??????

Maybe they just haven't updated that yet???
                  Ron
                  When I die, just cremate me and put me in my GS tank. That way I can go through these carbs, one more time!
                  1978 GS750E - November 2017 BOTM
                  1978 GS1000C - May 2021 BOTM
                  1982 GS1100E
                  1999 Honda GL1500SE

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post
                    Sorta off topic....but......Are the contributors to the site being recognized any longer? I sent a donation a few weeks ago and my profile still shows "Past Site Supporter"??????

Frank Keeps a running list every year. This year's post is here:

By the looks of it, Frank last updated the contributor list sometime after 8/7/2022.

Ron, I would expect that the next time he gets around to updating the list, he will also update your status. Just my guess. But if you really want to know, send a private message to administrator
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I administrate a forum and it is very time consuming. Cheers to you Frank. I hope to contribute positively.

Comment

Originally posted by 1978GS750E View Post

Ron, Looking at the dates on that contributors list, will see Frank updated the list in Feb, and May and August. So about every 3 months. And I suppose when he updates the list is about when updates the members contribution status.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          Some of us have even met the elusive Mr. Frank....

Suzukian,
                          Some folks can say they have meet Frank at some long ago rally.
                          Some folks (from multiple states) can say they have meet him (more recently) at a members funeral.

(I say this just to give you an idea of the nature of this forum over the years.)
                          Last edited by Redman; 10-08-2022, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Running a forum takes a lot of work. Running a good forum is a testament to a devoted Admin. I have a forum of around 52K members, and it has taken time, but we have a great group. It still isn't easy though. It takes great members to have a great forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
                              Running a forum takes a lot of work. Running a good forum is a testament to a devoted Admin. I have a forum of around 52K members, and it has taken time, but we have a great group. It still isn't easy though. It takes great members to have a great forum.
                              I second that

I don't run a forum though (once did and yes that's a lot of constant work!)
                              1983 GS400E - Canada specific
                              Noobie mechanic with some determination

Comment

Working...
                              X