Best all in one bike or too heavy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Put your di*ks away boys, this p*ssing contest is over!! Lol..
    Ya gotta be able to tour, ride like a hooligan, ride around town and be able to take the Misses with you...this is the bike!

That is like a barrelful of ugly lucky dips, pulled out at random and hammered together.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
      That is like a barrelful of ugly lucky dips, pulled out at random and hammered together.
      Lol....good thing there is less than 6 of them in North America.
      No signature

Comment

Lol....good thing there is less than 6 of them in North America.
        And yet, proof the factory hasn't totally lost its marbles - the K1600GT, uninspiring paint and all, can be morphed into that HP6, which is what the factory should be turning out.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          And yet, proof the factory hasn't totally lost its marbles - the K1600GT, uninspiring paint and all, can be morphed into that HP6, which is what the factory should be turning out.
          I totally agree!!
          No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Ecklund View Post
            The BMW and Guzzi twins seem like great bikes that is many ways represent the essence of motorcycling. They represent what the Harley FXR might have been had Harley continued its development past the mid 90s.
            I admit to liking the FXR, especially once it got the EVO motor. Finally, a Harley that handled like a motorcycle.
            "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
            ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
            1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
              I admit to liking the FXR, especially once it got the EVO motor. Finally, a Harley that handled like a motorcycle.
              Aw, come on, what do you have against the humble shovel? There are some pretty interesting sites that have them nailed down pretty well.

A reliable 90 ci shovel in an FXR with some suspension updates? Could be fun....

Then again, an EVO can be made to produce lots more power and be even more durable for less money.

Isn's the GSR mantra? Faster, stronger and better looking... for less?

Comment

I totally agree!!
                HP6... agree indeed.

Besides the GS liter bikes, it may be that the US version of your 'ugly' K bike is the best mix of performance, seating position, technology and price.

$6K for a very nice K1200r in the States is quite a bargain.

Comment

What a good review. Not only did you cover all of the important aspects about the bike but your voice was clearly understandable at all times. This is the first time I have seen one of your reviews but I will be looking out for more in the future. Thank you.
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-26-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecklund View Post
                    Aw, come on, what do you have against the humble shovel? There are some pretty interesting sites that have them nailed down pretty well.

A reliable 90 ci shovel in an FXR with some suspension updates? Could be fun....

Then again, an EVO can be made to produce lots more power and be even more durable for less money.

Isn's the GSR mantra? Faster, stronger and better looking... for less?
                    I haven't seen good evidence that the Shovelhead can be made reliable enough to trust to a cross country trip. Not that it hasn't been done, but it doesn't seem to have been done on a large scale, be it in the FXR frame or no.
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                    X