New project Kawasaki Z1 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New project Kawasaki Z1 900

Just picked up a numbers matching 75 Kawasaki Z1 for $1200 beans! It hit Craigslist Wednesday night in Cincinnati and I saw it immediately, talked to the kid at length and promised to come and get it tonight. He immediately deleted the ad, I went up there today after work, and this bike is SOLID. Not rusty at all, these pictures don't do it justice, has the original seat and side covers, brand new 4 into 1 Vance and Hines that sounds AWESOME, bike fired right up and sounds good! I'm really leaning towards keeping this one and restoring it back to stock, these Z1's in this price range are few and far between. Will post better pics tomorrow! Here's the ad from Wednesday night!

Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
    87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
    99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
    15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

I was into those a lot for awhile.The weight to power ratio is awesome.You can go to kz rider and get lots of information.I still have 2 frames and 2 gastanks.One tank is useable,1 is junk.You will love the bike.
    future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

First set of pics:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Video:

Current stable:

Comment

Why does the tank look wrong?

Comment

Very nice. For sure a resto candidate. Just love the stingrays on the tank...NOT!!!!!
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
            Why does the tank look wrong?
            Not sure, doesn't matter because I've got a line on a good body set already. That tank has been KREEMED on the inside and basically ruined. I'll pay up for quality resto parts.

Current stable:

Comment

I suppose the graphics tighten the shape of the tank. Anyhoo nice bike.

Comment

That'll be worth large money once you've got it restored.
                Lucky dog!
                Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good Kawasaki Z1 site, much like this one? I can't find anything with much activity???
                  Current stable:

Comment

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                      Does anyone have any suggestions for a good Kawasaki Z1 site, much like this one? I can't find anything with much activity???
                      KZrider is WEAK in comparison to this place. Some good guys of course but only about 10% of the traffic and knowledge of this place.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Looks like a great project. Z1 Enterprises has a couple great options for body work. I don't see how you can argue with the price....see links below.

Comment

Beautiful! Congratulations.

Is it rideable? Doesn't seem like it should be, at that price.

Is that the entire pipe?

Can't wait to see it with the new bodywork...a good old Z1B.
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Beautiful! Congratulations.

Is it rideable? Doesn't seem like it should be, at that price.

Is that the entire pipe?

Can't wait to see it with the new bodywork...a good old Z1B.
                            Bike is running and riding, bought it that way! The Vance and Hines that's on it is NEW, but the pipe interferes with the rear brake, so I suspect he ordered the wrong one. Young kid, not really bright, didn't know much about bikes in general. So far, I've had to replace the front brake master, the seat was DESTROYED, so I have a new one on the way. I've already spent 500 bucks at Z1 enterprises and that was just my first order. There are 3 large vendors that sell those reproduction body kits in the 1300 dollar range, I've got one down to 1100 (Z1), they actually called me yesterday after I placed my orders over the weekend, good customer service so far. I'm probably going with the blue set, will be ordering it in the next few days. Then I'll have to figure out what to do about that exhaust, they actually make a pretty nice reproduction 4 into 4 for about a grand, or I may just get a nice 4 into 1 that actually fits. Will post more pictures as I go!
                            Current stable:

Comment

On top of the recent buy of the CBX and the 1150 this one is an excellent find/buy.

Good eye.

Comment

Working...
                              X