1980 GS1000GT Resto-Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 GS1000GT Resto-Mod

So I managed to pick up a pretty much complete 1980 GS1000GT for hardly nothing. Ran great, Looked decent, but had this ugly ass after market 4 into 1 pipe on it. All blued and rusted and really looked bad. The header bolts at the head were nearly rounded off and rusting badly. Time for a new pipe I thought. Clearly, these bolts weren't coming out in one piece and I knew it. Tried penetrating oil, heat, and everything else before just turning them until they snapped. 6 came out okay, and two broke. Time to pull the motor out and roll it over and drill them out. Since I had the motor out, I started getting all these crazy ideas of a resto-mod. The bike was stock and complete when I started, but this thing is magazine worthy now I think. Are resto-mods popular here on the GS Resources or does it mostly cater to original models? And if so, is there a forum here for resto-mods?

Welcome to the site.
    There are "Project" and "Performance" forums that would be suitable for your bike.
    Many hot rod bike owners here so if your bike is well built i am sure it will get lots of traffic.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
    X