Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paging Peppermint Patti!

Default Paging Peppermint Patti!

I'm getting a little concerned for you, young lady! You're always looking out for other people, I hope you're taking care of yourself! We haven't heard from you in quite a while, so SOUND OFF ALREADY!
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

We miss you Gramma Peppermint. Was thinking about you yesterday. Hope you are OK!

Gramma Peppermint Guest

I've been staying away for a few reasons. Joe79 was one of them. Glad I stayed away now... I probably could have easily been banned also!!!!
    My ankle is getting better through physical therapy. I hardly limp at all..

Also, the owner of Expert Cycle (Blue Island, IL) owns a home out here that he wants to sell. I've been hiring people to fix it up, inside and out... including the yard.
    Also, I just got it rented as of the first of this month. Guy, the ownerr, has been a personal friend of mine for years.

Oh Yeah.... The El Camino's tranny is trashed, so I am without a vehicle. I just took the insurance off the bike last month, until my ankle is healed up enough to feel comfortable holding it up. (Short legs...)

Thanks for cariing about me. It warms my heart... ......I'm not dead yet... I still have a lot of people to p*ss off... (KIdding...sort of...)
    Last edited by Gramma Peppermint; 09-06-2015 at 02:26 PM.

trtsmb Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gramma Peppermint View Post
    I've been staying away for a few reasons. Joe79 was one of them. Glad I stayed away now... I probably could have easily been banned also!!!!
    My ankle is getting better through physical therapy. I hardly limp at all..

Also, the owner of Expert Cycle (Blue Island, IL) owns a home out here that he wants to sell. I've been hiring people to fix it up, inside and out... including the yard.
    Also, I just got it rented as of the first of this month. Guy, the ownerr, has been a personal friend of mine for years.

Oh Yeah.... The El Camino's tranny is trashed, so I am without a vehicle. I just took the insurance off the bike last month, until my ankle is healed up enough to feel comfortable holding it up. (Short legs...)

Thanks for cariing about me. It warms my heart... ......I'm not dead yet... I still have a lot of people to p*ss off... (KIdding...sort of...)
    Glad you're on the mend!! Sucks about the tranny though.

Gramma Peppermint Guest

Thanks Tam... Looks like I'm going to sell my camper also. I really need a car. Can't even get out to sell jewelry without one... (Not that people are buying; with food prices being so darn high...)

Years ago someone gave me a card with a cartoon picture of a man sitting in a little booth beside a big pile of dirt. There was a sign above the booth that read "FRED'S FILL DIRT AND CROISSANTS. Maybe GRAMMA'S JEWELRY AND CROISSANTS might work. Sorry to hear about the car, but happy to hear you are on the mend.
    Last edited by Phred; 09-13-2015 at 05:47 AM.

Gramma Peppermint Guest

Very funny, seriously funny... I can see I am not the only comedian here... !!

About this jewelry that you sell. I picture you somehow sitting in a booth beside the road in the hot Arizona sun selling to tourists and locals. If you were to set up a mail order web business with pictures I am sure that many more people could see what you have and order through the web. For starters there are many members here who have wives and girlfriends... You would have to work in the cost of packaging and postage .... but it might be something to consider. A lot of people are doing cottage businesses this way.

Gramma Peppermint Guest

I would need someone to do that for me, and it's not in the picture yet...
    I had an ebay site all set-up, pay pal and all, ((did it myself)), but, I couldn't get the right lighting in the pics. I just gave up.
    I would need a partner for the internet. But, That just might be possible. I have a friend in mind, who been out of town all summer.

You're right about it being HOT out there on the corner!! I think people are spending their money on food and gas and higher bills, before luxuries, at present.
    People are not freely spending their money as much in the "GOOD OLD DAYS".
    I am happy to sit on my silver and semi-precious stones for a while. It may be legal tender before we know it!

Thank you Phred!

Chrkut Guest

Unfortunately here in PA, I know people who are having issues paying their mortgage and supporting their families on decent salaries. I had my favorite coworker move to a different state in the same company because he just couldn't make it.

The car thing sucks. I had my mustang's engine go in august, luckily though I had saved up about half of a decent used SUV because i knew it could go sometime. Had to buy a new to me car, went broke doing so, and still paying off things I put on the credit card due to going broke because of it.

Too bad I'm allergic to silver, I do like shiny things.
    Last edited by Chrkut; 10-01-2015 at 10:13 PM.