First Motorcycle. My "new to me" 1978 GS1000. Kalispell, MT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Motorcycle. My "new to me" 1978 GS1000. Kalispell, MT

Title pretty much says it all. I've owned this beauty for about 3 weeks. First motorcycle i've ever owned and i'm feeling extremely lucky. I've got a local connect that is an amazing wrench on these late Suzukis. It should be fun. I've got a picture in my mind of what i want this thing to come out like but i'm going to get everything running happy and healthy before i start doing any body work.

SUZUKI.jpg

looks in good shape. you should put a fork brace on it.
    2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by MTChauncey View Post
      Title pretty much says it all. I've owned this beauty for about 3 weeks. First motorcycle i've ever owned and i'm feeling extremely lucky. I've got a local connect that is an amazing wrench on these late Suzukis. It should be fun. I've got a picture in my mind of what i want this thing to come out like but i'm going to get everything running happy and healthy before i start doing any body work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42080[/ATTACH]
      Body work? Are you putting it back on??
      Just funnin ya...have fun and welcome to the forum.
      Cheers,
      No signature

Comment

That's a pretty nice start you have there, and a good plan in mind to get all the important mechanical issue sorted out first before you start putting your own personal touch to it. Looking forward to the progress.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

ive been learning SO MUCH about this bike. i'm trying to figure out the best replacement for my speedometer and tach....

Comment

Working...
          X