Need A New Carb Body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need A New Carb Body?

I cannot get this carb running right. Its a dual barrel carb from an 83 550L. Either the RPMs hang when shifting, or, when coming to a stop it will stumble and die, then will not start for some time. The carbs have been soaked in acetone for 24 hours and again in berrymans chem dip for the same length. No adjustments make much difference whether I adjust the float bowl level, jet needle height, mixture screws or swap jets. I made sure the valve clearance is correct, the air filter is good and all the carb seals are new. I have not dynamically synced the carbs, but I thought a bench syncing would at least get the bike in a condition to ride to the shop to use their manometers. Ive been reading through the forums and manuals for something helpful but at this point after days of tinkering, I feel some direct input from some experienced minds is best!

Hold the diaphragms up to the light - if there's a hole or split, you'd see the symptoms you've got.
    The diaphragms are somewhat larger than the norm as they lift two slides, so are a bit more liable to damage.

Comment

They seem in good shape.
      20150927_133333.jpg

Comment

Working...
      X