Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tripe Tree From a GS1150E onto a GS1100E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tripe Tree From a GS1150E onto a GS1100E?

I have just purchased clip-ons for my '82 GS1100E, and am curious whether I could do a straight trade for a triple tree from an '84 or '85 GS1150E to get rid of the ears for the original bars. They both have 37mm fork tubes, and I found a site that compares triple tree dimensions...

This is my first bike, and don't want to overlook something significant before I buy the new triple tree.

Thanks in advance guys.

Having just been through this I can tell you it wont work. The fork tubes are farther apart on the 1150.
    1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

81 -83 katana would be the one you want.

although I just swapped over the whole 1150 front end onto mine and am very happy with the results.
      link to the project thread

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...-updated-parts

Last edited by Guest; 09-29-2015, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the insight, knew someone would know.

Did y'all do the clip-ons as well? I just got the bars in today, but it looks like the stock headlight mount may be a little high, did you encounter this?

Comment

You'll relocate the air crossover stuff to the top side of the headlight brackets (You'll need the ones from the 1150 as the gs1100 won't fit) that's also where the air holes are on 1150 forks. Then you headlight will be lower.

I'm using the clip-ons from the 1150 that had a fairing, which are lower and narrower than the non-fairing 1150 bars, but they came with the fork trees. I didn't think I'd like them, but after riding it for awhile they feel real nice and I don't plan on changing them.
          1982 GS1100E "Jolene"

Comment

Working...
          X