Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEAT GURU'S???? GS 1000 with a flat seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The two on the left in the first pic are from a GS750; the metal strip usually means 750E but 750Es had stepped seats. That suggests some mix matching in the past. The seat on the the right is from a GS1000. Suzuki made the flat seat, spoke wheeled GS1000 for all three years of the US production run of the chain driven GS1000; the GS1000C/N/T (C=78, N=79, T=80 model years). The flat seat was also available on the 1979 GS1000SN. The stepped seat was available on the "E" model GS1000; GS1000EC/EN/ET. That is not the original cover, BTW, and, yes, that one is fugly. The GS1000ST had a stepped seat with diamond patterned upholstery and firmer foam. Regardless of whether it was flat or stepped the seat pans are the same. It's the foam and the upholstery that differs. Oh and "L" ,model seats are a completely different animal.

I like the stepped seat. It puts the passenger up a little higher when riding pillion. I only sit on the forward half anyway.

As far as getting a flat seat...all you need to do is carefully trim the foam to shape and recover it with a cover of your choice. probably only cost about $90 total.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-12-2015, 01:14 PM.

Comment

As far as getting a flat seat...all you need to do is carefully trim the foam to shape and recover it with a cover of your choice. probably only cost about $90 total.[/QUOTE]

What rudeman said. If you don't want the seat rail from the ugly stepped one I would be glad to take it off your hands!!!

Comment

I have a GS1000C flat seat (1978) that I'd sell for the right price. It's in MINT condition.

Comment

What is your price? Do you need a stepped seat in return?

Comment

Is a 78 1000C seat pan the same as a 78 1000 pan????

Comment

The seat pans are the same across all years for chain-driven GS1000s except for the "L" models.

Originally posted by BADJACKSON View Post
              Is a 78 1000C seat pan the same as a 78 1000 pan????

Comment

Originally posted by rudeman View Post
                The seat pans are the same across all years for chain-driven GS1000s except for the "L" models.
                Thanks Rudeman... You're not rude at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BADJACKSON View Post
                  What is your price? Do you need a stepped seat in return?
                  Message me an offer. I'm open to trades as well.

Comment

Long shot,,, do you still have seat? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X