Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New gs450l owner

Hello there
    Just bought a 1980 gs 450 l a couple weeks ago and came across this site as the place to go for questions about my bike. This is my first motorcycle. I grew up working and riding on dirt bikes and when I saw this bike I had to have it. Everyday I would walk by it on my way to the park as it was strapped to a tree with a for sale sign on it. My 2 year old son would get all excited about it so I finally caved and bought it. The bike only had 6000 miles on it and the last time it had been registered was in 1985. It was in real good condition and the story on it was that the owner bought it in 1980 and a couple years later his wife died so he stopped riding it and it sat in his garage ever since. It still has the original everything on it and the guy wanted 200 for it. I've been going through everything I could think of on it and should have it going here within the next couple months. You guys have a real good quality website and will definitely be using it on my way to getting this bike going.

Welcome to the site.
    Having not been on the road for 30 years pretty well EVERYTHING will need to be checked but for a $200.00 starting point, check away.
    Keep your son involved, an allied force could be important when the bike receipts start adding up.
    Where are the pics?
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
    X