Fuel starvation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moyes View Post
    Alright cool. The rag trick worked, except now my bike is running very rich.
    its a bit of a pain to get the stock airbox on so I want to pose another question.
    knowing full well I'm going to be hit with abuse, if I want to run pods, other than rejecting the carbs, what would be the limitations.
    because this issue occurs with the pods installed, are they just not restrictive enough or is it just a jetting issue.
    there shouldn't be any reason why running pods is not possible, right?
    ive got pods on my kz250 and have jetted that so it runs really well.

(let's please put aside the negativity about changing the intake, and assume that I have no choice but to run pods, I would like some assistance in making it work)
    Get quality pods, if you must run them. Either K&N, or APE (about half the price K&N, and just as good. Don't go with EMGO or any of the cheap brands.

I can't give you jetting advice, as I have never used pods. Others here will have to help you with that. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the positivity.

Comment

You can go pods but like it has been said, pick up quality pods and then look for the Dynojet kit for your bike. If you install the kit then jetting will be much easier. There is a kit for a 1982 550 M Katana (PN: 3314). I'm not positive it will work for your bike but it should. If I'm wrong, then others will chime.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
        1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
        1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by Moyes View Post
          Really? Omg, I've been trying to work this out without the airbox 'cause it's a pain to have to take off and put on all the time. If that's all it is I'm going to be so be so
          ill try it out tomorrow.
          Why are you pulling off the air box so much? Order of operation is carbs off first, then air box. Reverse install is air box first then the carbs. Unless your 550 is the one with clearance issues with the air box and carbs. Also, wanna make sure the rubber boots are soft and flexible, that makes a world of difference in removal and installs.
          sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
          1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
          2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

You need to jet up quite a bit if you're running individuals.
            Last edited by Guest; 12-01-2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I've got new intake manifolds, so they're in good condition.
              I've got a lot of jets(mains up to 125), so i don't think i need to buy anymore, but its just working out which ones i need to go to(anyone got a guess where they think its at?), this issue has been giving me some unusual results.

Comment

Working...
              X