No announcement yet.

replacement mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me put in my two cents. I have been looking at changing my stock exhaust as someone has made it obnoxiously loud. The endplates are still in place so someone likely stuck something (like a piece of rebar) into the holes and punched the baffles. It isn't easy to swap mufflers on a stock system as the 1&2 pipes tie into a Y as do the 3&4 into their own Y. The Y has a very thick seam and no straight area where it can be cut before going into the welded muffler. There is also a crossover pipe which may or may not affect pressure equalization as it does on a V-twin, like a Sportster. The 650 exhaust is much like the one on my 1000 in terms of its configuration but may have a bit more straight area under the heat shield where you can cut it and adapt some "Harley" mufflers. The muffler part can also be a "universal" muffler from Kirk or JC Whitney, etc. If you wend the new mufflers on the mess can likely be hidden under the OEM heat shield.

Comment

I seen several slash cut mufflers but they were no name and I was a bit worried about the quality.

Comment

Working...
      X