No announcement yet.

'78 GS750 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been a while since my last update on here. I've made some good progress on locating some of the parts I needed. I found a great guy on Ebay that was parting out a '79 GS750 that was in amazing condition. I bought the gas tank w/ petcock, original switches, aftermarket controls (clutch, break, and throttle), updated regulator rectifier, and rear master cylinder. ended up being a very good find and saved me a good chunk of money since we made a couple package deals for some of those parts.

Here are the things I still need to get. Any help or input on these would be appreciated.
    Speedometer
    Tachometer
    Headlight
    Tires - Front and Rear
    Tank.jpg

Comment

Did some work this weekend on the front end. Handlebars, controls, headlight, rear tire and related assembly have all been installed.
      One thing I'm still fighting with is finding replacement bleeder and breather screws for the rear caliper. The old ones were pretty messed up already since I couldn't get a wrench on them. I had to use vice grips to get them out. I'd like to replace with a new set. Anyone know where to find those?

IMG_2172[1].jpg

Comment

I was able to track down the bleeder screws i need for the rear caliper on ebay. Spent the rest of the weekend replacing wheel bearings, front and back. Took some TCL to get the front ones out compared to the rear. Once that was all set I re-installed the wheels and other axle components. Rear caliper is on now, with a new full length brake line. Front brake lines are installed but not the calipers. I need to disassemble those and clean them up to see if they need rebuilt. I have new brake pads on the way. Once those get here I hope to have the front calipers ready install and bleed the breaks. It'll be nice to roll the bike around in the garage with breaks to stop.

Weather is getting warmer. I hope everyone is being safe out there, keep the rubber side down.
        IMG_2199[1].jpg

Comment

Working...
        X