Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I made a little video of the updated gear indicator:

Comment

The brake lines arrived today, and while they look awesome, I immediately realized I've made a mistake. I totally forgot to take into account that I've converted my front wheel from the original 17" to 19". I was afraid the "over the fender"-wire would be too short. I mounted them, and they have a natural bend towards the rear. The aluminum fender is made out of a pretty thin material, and it seems like there would be atleast 15mm of air between fender and tyre. Can't see why that would not be sufficient.

As a surprise bonus, the lines had exactly the bushings I was looking for I'll remove two of these amd install them on the rear instead.

Last edited by LarsKroghStea; 08-20-2023, 04:06 PM.

Comment

So many goodies in such a short time. As far as the rear fender, the water usually is thrown tangent to the revolving object, which means the fender would have to be longer, but the bottom end could be a bit shorter. It just has to sit a little higher up on the wheel to keep the splash off the bike and your back. .

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
          So many goodies in such a short time. As far as the rear fender, the water usually is thrown tangent to the revolving object, which means the fender would have to be longer, but the bottom end could be a bit shorter. It just has to sit a little higher up on the wheel to keep the splash off the bike and your back. .
          Yes, I ordered the longest fender I could find on ebay. I won't be doing long trips on this bike, so it will see minimal rain, but I like the idea of not having alle the dirt making a buildup on the swingarm, leading to moist and rust. But I will try to balance that with the looks

Comment

Nice not to have all the sand and particulates scratching up the rear end either.

Comment

I blazed through your thread and that thing looks insane. Really bad ass.
              Overall I'm a little tired of seeing bikes getting chopped up for "caferacer/scrambler conversions" or whatever... but this thing is none of that.
              Very well executed. Absolutely brilliant work my friend

Comment

Originally posted by Diirk View Post
                I blazed through your thread and that thing looks insane. Really bad ass.
                Overall I'm a little tired of seeing bikes getting chopped up for "caferacer/scrambler conversions" or whatever... but this thing is none of that.
                Very well executed. Absolutely brilliant work my friend
                Thank you very much for the kind words

Comment

So, the fendermounts came the other day. They were thicker than I expected, and I also expected them to have a shim welded to the bottom so they would hide the bolts.
                  A little like this:
                  Buy the front fender for all BMW R80 and R100 models now in our shop. The kit is Plug & Play: Have a look!

The ones i recived looked like this:

They were also way too long, but that's of course better than the alternative;

I've not descided on wether I'll shorten and bend them, grind them flat and drill/tap and put them on the underside, or bend them and weld them together as a loop.

I'm leaning towards this look:
                  Scrambler Fender, robust steel fender bracket, black, aluminium fender, undrilled, with bead front/rear, 48cm long, 120mm bow size SR400FI'14-, SR500/T with... 1

Comment

The new footbrackets have arrived, and for some reason the mounting points are different from the ones I have. The rear holes doesn't allign, and is positioned 4-5mm forward and forward/up on the other one.

And the metal tabs on the frame must be flush to frame on '82 and protruding about 15mm on my '81:

There is plenty of metal that can be removed on the inside of the bracket, but it might be necessary to also alter the metal tabs on the frame.. This turned out to be more work than I expected, and I'll save this job for later. I don't regret buying the brackets though, as they are a very nice starting point for making new, nice looking brackets

Comment

That's the way I HAVE to look at it sometimes... I didn't buy a part. I bought a pattern!
                      Paul

sigpic

Originally posted by Grimly
                      Watery bints handing out swords is no basis for any system of government.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer61 View Post
                        That's the way I HAVE to look at it sometimes... I didn't buy a part. I bought a pattern!
                        That's a clever way to look at it

Comment

Working...
                        X