• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear wheel finally done 150/70-18 mounted on a 4.25" alu-rim

20170112_101044_zps2gerfrjv by Lars Krogh-Stea, on Flickr

IMG_20170208_083312_zpsnwkvjqnk by Lars Krogh-Stea, on Flickr

IMG_20170208_083326_zpszszytnp8 by Lars Krogh-Stea, on Flickr

IMG_20170208_083429_zpsdvpjvaa1 by Lars Krogh-Stea, on Flickr
    Last edited by LarsKroghStea; 01-29-2018, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Very very nice
      I build Pipers

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Making rearsets

IMG_20170402_181501_502_zpsbsmnmawy by Lars Krogh-Stea, on Flickr
          Last edited by LarsKroghStea; 01-29-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

New adjustable ratio Accossato brake master cylinder and matching clutch came in the mail today Awesome quality!

IMG_20170407_120737_277_zpsvko1uebs by Lars Krogh-Stea, on Flickr
            Last edited by LarsKroghStea; 01-29-2018, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Finallly done welding the seat

Comment

Seat looks great!

I just saw the picture of the mock up of the bike, looks incredible.

Just realized you're right across the water from me, ever ride to Bergen before?

Comment

Originally posted by jibledso View Post
                  Seat looks great!

I just saw the picture of the mock up of the bike, looks incredible.

Just realized you're right across the water from me, ever ride to Bergen before?
                  Thanx! Have been in Bergen a couple of times, but not by bike. I know the roads are fantastic, but it's a five hour drive from here. The roads along the coast towards Stavanger are also beautiful

Best of luck with your own build/restoration

Comment

Finished the mounts for the gastank, and now I'm testing how the seat fits in relation to the tank. The mounts are adjustable with shims, so that the tank and seat will line up. I will try to get this line as horisontal as possible, but at the moment it slants towards the back a bit, as you can see. I have to take into consideration how much I can lower the bike in the front, as I don't want it much lower in the back. I'll have to settle on a compromise I guess.

I also ordered perforated steel plates for the sidecovers. I'm not sure if I want them to be black or bare metal. I've also considered cutting away the bottom half, and just keep the top, like in the last picture. The covers will be on the outside of the frame, not in between. This is so it will hide that the seat doesn't follow the frame. What do you guys think? Would be great if you had some input, and maybe picures if you have done something similar

Comment

Those Clutch and Brake levers look awesome! As for the perforated side covers, my vote is to go with the bottom half cut like in the second photo. Sweet job on making your own seat, really like how you did it!

Comment

Made the soft part of the seat today. First I shaped a metal base out of the same 1,2mm thick metal I used for the rest of the seat. Then I used some M4 threaded rivets so I can screw the base to the seat when it's complete with the upholstery.

One tip I found on the interweb was to line the edge with a couple of layers of tape to avoid the thin metal cutting through the vinyl.

For padding i used 10mm of engineroom sound isolation and 20mm of medium foam. On top of this comes a thin layer of foam stitched to the vinyl. Tested a couple of variations and this gave the best comfort in a seat that will only be 30-40mm thick

IMG_20170509_000020_zps2jktod3h by Lars Krogh-Stea, on Flickr

Borrowed my wife's sewing-machine today and made some test patches for the lining. Think I've found out how it's done, but it's a tedious process when one has only sewn half an apron in school 25 years ago
                        Last edited by LarsKroghStea; 01-29-2018, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I also got my hands on a Ducati Monster aluminum front fender from Ducati Performance.

I'm gonna drill out the rivets and make new mounts like this:

Comment

I like the look as-is but your customizing it will show a bit more of the front wheel so that is a bonus.
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Tøft bygg, ser ut som du er på vei til å få en bra racer cafè ting

Well done *thumbs up*

Comment

Originally posted by speedyandypandy View Post
                                Tøft bygg, ser ut som du er på vei til å få en bra racer cafè ting

Well done *thumbs up*

Takk for det

Comment

Working...
                                X