Greetings from Arizona...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Datsa Noydb View Post
    As mentioned, the only "kits" you are likely to need would be the o-rings from cycleorings.com. If at all possible, do NOT get any rebuild kits from Keyster, K&L or other similar vendors. They typically contain parts of questionable quality, and in these carbs, the brass pieces seldom wear out. The only real failure points are the o-rings, which dry out and crack.
    Yes, not a keyster fan myself. Diaphragms also.

Right now I'm getting second thoughts on this bike. I called a few vendors with the VIN and no records are found from Suzuki for this bike. Not good. Thinking maybe the vin is different on the bike than on the title. In all my searching I have yet to find a 400 cc model parts Fische but instead a 450 cc model.

tt

Comment

Did you check a Canadian website?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Runeight View Post
        Yes, not a keyster fan myself. Diaphragms also.

Right now I'm getting second thoughts on this bike. I called a few vendors with the VIN and no records are found from Suzuki for this bike. Not good. Thinking maybe the vin is different on the bike than on the title. In all my searching I have yet to find a 400 cc model parts Fische but instead a 450 cc model.

tt
        As already mentioned, that model bike was not sold in the US. Try the Canadian fishe, and then try cross referencing the parts you need with those from the US 450 model. Some parts will interchange, but obviously not all.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Engine looks the same from the case down. I bet a 450 engine fits right in, it's a fantastic engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
            As already mentioned, that model bike was not sold in the US. Try the Canadian fishe, and then try cross referencing the parts you need with those from the US 450 model. Some parts will interchange, but obviously not all.
            Been searching Canadian sites but they are the same diagrams as the US models. Would'nt you think the VIN would show for all models whether US or otherwise?

With all the shady deals going on one gets wormie. I can back out of this deal but prefer the bike. Want to make sure the vin on the frame is the same as title. If so, no worries. I can figure out the parts like you suggested.

Thank you for the reply.

r8

Comment

Shady deal, as long as it's not stolen you can get around title issues. We have ways.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                Engine looks the same from the case down. I bet a 450 engine fits right in, it's a fantastic engine.
                I have yet to find this model anywhere. I have a picture of the head stamping which is 399 cc. The body work from a 1983 GS450E looks correct. A 400cc is yet to be found.

Just covering my behind. Thanks for the reply.

r8

Comment

Possible someone put a Canadian 400 engine in an American 450 motorcycle. I guess we need the VIN off the frame to figure it out.

Comment

Shady deal, as long as it's not stolen you can get around title issues. We have ways.
                    Completely agree. I think it's legal but odd. He is the original owner with original sales receipt. I have a picture of the title which is a VA replacement title. I know it's easy to title a bike in some states but Arizona not so much.

I don't want to post title picture due to..well you know.

I defiantly don't want a bike that is nothing more than parts. Sure you understand my concerns.

r8

Comment

Possible someone put a Canadian 400 engine in an American 450 motorcycle. I guess we need the VIN off the frame to figure it out.
                      Im having him do just that. Suppose it's ok to post the vin off the title huh?

r8

Comment

I suppose it could be used by someone somewhere for nefarious purposes but for an old jap bike worth a few hundred bones it probably won't happen.

Comment

I suppose it could be used by someone somewhere for nefarious purposes but for an old jap bike worth a few hundred bones it probably won't happen.

I called Babbitt's this morning. No records found for that vin number from Suzuki. I would think regardless where it was sold it would at least show up.

But then again what do I know.

r8

Comment

This is the title VIN? Could be a typo in the number somewhere. Do you have the frame VIN?

Comment

This is the title VIN? Could be a typo in the number somewhere. Do you have the frame VIN?
                              Working on that now. Let me upload some pictures.

r8

Comment

Gs400e

OK, here are some pictures of the bike in question. I can fix the tank so no worries there. Rest looks pretty good.

Another thing that is odd. VA title, NV plates. Can't get NV plates without NV title. Odd.

r8

Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2016, 11:17 AM. Reason: text

Comment

Working...
                                X