82 GPz for $1700, decent price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
    ...The GPZ experts say to first ditch the anti-dive units and the forks will perform better but I really want to preserve my bikes OEM status so im trying to resist mods.
    Cycle World reported the same findings, but I agree with your OEM strategy.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I know nothing about the design of the Kawasaki system, but for the Yamaha system people said all that needed to be done was block off the oil passage with a piece of sheet steel under the gasket. I never did because it seemed to work fine.
      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Interesting the way Wayne Rainey is riding and the way the Muzzy GPz has pull back handlebars.
        Just like Eddy Lawson on the KZ1000 that Rainey was riding with the year before.
        "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
        1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
        1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
        1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
          I realize that a lot of guys like the bigger bikes, but to me the '81 GPz550 is the best looking.

If memory isn't playing tricks, a friend discovered the bodywork from its larger sibling fitted straight on with no problems. Gave him much better protection and other benefits for the long days on the road.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
          X