Just showing off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just showing off.

This is my 1983 Suzuki GS 550L. It would not be running without the extremely helpful people on this forum!
    20160203_002555-001.jpg

How fast is it?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

L's are built for beauty, not speed. L's=Looks
      1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
      1983 GS 1100 G
      2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
      2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
      1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

In college I had an ad for the Kaw Z1000 LTD on my wall (right next to the Sportster pics). It said, "Z and be seen." I wanted that bike.

One was up for sale before I bought my GS11. It didn't grab me the way it used to. It might have been because it wasn't shiny and new like the one in the ad, but it just seemed so...dated. Like platform shoes and bell bottoms. A passing fad.
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

It doesn't have a speedo, so I mounted my phone on the handlebars to use a GPS MPH application.
          It read about 88 to 90 before my phone flew off. Just fast enough to travel through time.
          Speaking purely in numbers, I'm sure there are faster 550s, but mine is always the first to the destination.

Comment

Working...
          X