THanks for your help story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THanks for your help story!

Such a fine site here! Got lucky and picked up a 1980 850G a while back, planned to do a sidecar project with it.IMG_0023.jpg

Once I determined it was a good bike and I felt okay with sidecar, I decided to make some changesIMG_0103.jpg

Comment

So one thing led to another......( as usual )IMG_0014.jpg

Comment

But eventually I got what I needed to do done and got the project together....IMG_0187.jpg

Comment

And I started to get nervous with my timeline about getting it done on time. I had planned to have it done and ready to go with about a month to spare for final details....you know, like driving it around and making sure all the mods and stuff were going to be okay! IMG_0048.jpg

Comment

So....that plan kinda went by the wayside and I wound up with about a 2 week window for trials...everything seemed good!IMG_0056.jpg

Comment

And off I went to Death Valley!IMG_0073.jpg

Comment

I did make it there....had fun! No problems except for a drain plug on rear drive that I forgot to tighten down! Lucky for me it was still there and I snugged it up. ( this was to be the only repair to rig for entire trip ) IMG_0092.jpg OOPS! sorry for sideways shot....that's the London Bridge! Just had to drive across it!

Comment

There was a small gathering of sidecars at Death Valley.....some I had seen before from other gatherings. And one I had not seen! IMG_0106.jpg

Comment

Did a day trip around the southern end of valley. Apparently there was good rain/sunshine combo this winter and the wildflowers were just fantastic! DSC_1078.jpg

Comment

A short hike was in order as well, up Golden Canyon....IMG_0124.jpg

Comment

Then, just as quick as I had got there it was time to leave! A slightly different route was in order for the return trip....DSC_0080.jpg

Comment

This day was an all day blast to get somewhere close to home....DSC_0117.jpg

Comment

After a few more hours in the saddle, camp was made and much rest was needed. Now its just a few hours from home...DSC_0132.jpg

Comment

And now its homeward....DSC_0140.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X