1983 GS750ES Airbox Vent Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 GS750ES Airbox Vent Tubes

I have some tubes that are supposed to run from my air box to vent to the atmosphere. I'm assuming to keep random fuel vapors from building up? No idea. I pulled them off when I was sending my carbs out to be rebuilt, and don't remember exactly how they were attached. Looking up parts online, I don't seem them listed on the parts list, although they are referenced in the shop manual for hose routing. I've copied image from manual and colored tubes in red. They seem to be semi rigid plastic lines with rubbery ends on them. The ends seem to be flared a bit. I'm assuming to build a vacuum when riding.
    Does anyone know how they're supposed to be attached to the airbox? There is no place to clamp them. They seem to lay loose on either side of the air filter.

Anyone have a part number to order replacements?

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Those tubes run near the airbox, but do not connect to it.

They attach at the front to the vent Ts on the carbs. One will be between carbs 1&2, the other is between 2&3. The back end of the tubes just ends up over the airbox in relatively calm air to provide an atmospheric reference for the float bowls in the carbs.

Comment

They sound like the carb bowl vent lines- one conects to "t" fitting between carb 1 and 2, other to "t" between 3 and 4. See pic. Other tube end lies open to atmosphere to let carb bowls fill
      Attached Files
      1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
      X