No Lights HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Lights HELP!!!

ok so the other day on the way to work I realized my headlight wasn't working on my 1980 GS750E. I also have no lights on the instrument panel except for the gear indicator, neutral and oil pressure.so basically the backlight for the panel and the high beam light are not working.

All testing was don't with the key turned on and switching between high and low beam. I tested the White and yellow and no voltage out of either of them. I then went to the headlight switch and couldn't get any voltage on the contacts inside of it whether it was on high beam or low beam. I checked all the fuses and they are all good so I have no idea what is it cause it was working last week when I started the bike up for the first time this year.

Is there a light relay on this bike. I cant tell by the wiring diagram.

any help would be appreciated. I just put on $700 in parts and I wanna take her for a ride but I cant until my headlight works.(state law)

Do something simple- just replace (not look at) the headlight fuse. These fuses can look OK, but be bad. This wiring diagram might be what your bike has- no relays for lighting.

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Ok thank you. I will try it

Comment

Ohm it even if it looks good but it wont

Comment

Working...
        X