Basket 1980 GS850G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basket 1980 GS850G

Just bought a complete basket 1980 GS850G, this will be a complete frame off restoration. Which I have never even come close before to doing. Not new to the bike world(I currently own five other road bikes) but never have built one from ground up...could use any advice or information anyone has!!!!

Post pictures.

Take LOTS of notes (pictures will help remind you what goes where).

Ask a lot of questions (if you can't find your answers in a search)

Comment

Zip lock bags with good labels to group bolts and things by which system or part they go to will help a lot when it comes time to bolt everything back together. Pictures, for wires and things like he said. Plan about twice the money and three times the time as what you are expecting.

and keep us updated.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Is it running? Does it even crank over?
        Does it show any signs of life or is it a nest of loose wires and you have no clue as to wether the engine and transmission are any good?
        Show us some pics and describe it's current state.

Comment

Plan on posting pics at some point it's literally in parts bins right now everything is now painted and plan on starting assembly this weekend
          Attached Files

Comment

loud, I see your doing the same bike project how's yours going? Do you have any pics of it?

Comment

I'm almost done, its going good. 100% teardown and redo. Not stock, it was a beater when I started so I felt free to customize it some.
              Just need to order my new ss brake lines, get a ss exhaust adapter pipe tig welded and finish a few cosmetic details. I'm close. Nothe many pics.

Comment

Post more pics of your parts, might prompt some advice from folks.

Post any question in the different technical section.

1980 850G.
                Good bike.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by jim900 View Post
                  .Just bought a complete basket 1980 GS850G...
                  .information anyone has!!!!
                  Sounds like a big project.

Here are some pics of 80 850G all together.. to serve as incentive.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                  X