Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got The bike started just a few more issues now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got The bike started just a few more issues now!

Hey Guys,

So When i first got this bike it was no where near running condition with a lot of help for youtube and this site i have been able to get the bike started! so thank you everyone who has help me so far its been a learning curve forsure! So Just a few more things that i have some questions about!

-When i get the bike started witch is very hard to do takes me along time of fiddling around to actual get it going! but when i do get it going! as soon as i give it any throttle at all the bike sounds like its going to bog down and die! sometimes it does stall out 100% and i have to start the bike again! any reason why this is happening?
    Thats what I'm most worried about now is the fact that i give it throttle and it starts to die!
    Also maybe this has something to do with it? i took out the old air box that was on the bike and i installed 4 individual Pods, would this maybe mess something up? and make it hard for me to start the bike and also give it the bogging down problem as well?

Also any idea why it takes me so long to get this thing started! maybe just needs the 20 min of fiddling around to get warmed up enough? i tried tonight to get it started again and after the 20 min of fiddling i still wasn't able to! but once it does start for the first time its easy to start after i turn it off and back on again!

Any help would be great!

Thanks so much

#4 Trying to run the bike without the air box...or installing pods, or a header, w/o re jetting.

1A) (NEW) Trying to diagnose running problems on a bike with an unknown maintenance history. Common maintenance items like clean carbs, properly adjusted valves, no air leaks in the intake system (airbox, carb boots), a clean gas tank (no rust), and a properly functioning petcock are 100% mandatory for the bike to run properly.

and you might as well give the other 9 a look......
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Go back to the top of this GS Owners forum and click on the New Members, Click Here and read thru all of the links, especially the Top 10 Newbie Mistakes

Also, go to the top of this forum and read Pipes, Pods, Panic

Then, report back

and, tell us what bike you're talking about
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Go back to the top of this GS Owners forum and click on the New Members, Click Here and read thru all of the links, especially the Top 10 Newbie Mistakes

Also, go to the top of this forum and read Pipes, Pods, Panic

Then, report back

and, tell us what bike you're talking about
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

What's the condition of the battery and wiring? When was the last valve adjustment done? Were the carbs cleaned?

Basically, what BASIC maintenance have you done to the bike?
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
          X