• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS450 new instruments problem

Hi,
    I have changed my instruments to this on my 1983 GS450:
    IMG_20160409_184902.jpg
    Now, before this I had to remove the turn signal indicator light bulp fro the new LED turn signals to work.
    This still do not work. If I connect the turn signal indicator they wont light up correct.
    If I turn switch left only the front one blink - if I turn it right both in the front and the right one in the back lights up.

I have checked that the wires are good and have power - everything seems perfect.

I changed the turn signal relay when I bought the LED turn signals and the bike had a regulator installed when I bought it.
    I have no clue at all how to get both the turn signals and the indicator light to work at the same time.

I hope you understand my problem - english isn't my first language, sorry, haha.

IMG_20160409_135154.jpg
    another picture.

Comment

LEDs draw much less current than the filament bulbs. This may not be enough for the flasher unit to work properly. Did you fit load resistors in parallel to the signal lamps ?
      When you say that the turn signal relay was changed, what was it replaced with?
      97 R1100R
      Previous
      80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

No I didn't put in load resistors in with the signal lamps - it didn't seem nesesary?! But I might need to or what? :/

I changed it to one that are made for LED. I can't remember exactly what it's called - it was last year

Comment

This thread might be of some help.

Make sure that the grounds for all the signals are good.
          97 R1100R
          Previous
          80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I also had problems with turn signals not flashing. I was not using led signals, bit filament type that did not have enough draw to trigger the stock flasher.I bought a flasher from e bay that was supposed to be for led or low draw filament bulbs. It also had a dial to adjust the speed of the flash. It did NOT work.
            I ended up getting a flasher from my local auto store that amazingly worked.
            I did not have any problems with just fronts working or only one side or any combination like that.
            That sounds like a problem from the wires for the signals not being wired right or the a problem on your switch. Just a couple things to double check.
            It takes some figuring out...I'm sorry I don't have all the answers. It took me a while to work out my signal issues too.

Comment

Working...
            X