No announcement yet.

The Suzuki gs850G as a first motorcycle for a new rider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started on a 1000G so it's possible just probably not ideal.... Best of luck.

Rather than rebuild your brakes you could spend your money to upgrade to the twinpot Kawasaki Calipers - i started putting the brackets for that together as a kit as the stock 1000G brakes scared me... Especially with my wife on the back (even though she's only 100lb)!
    depends on how bothered you are with originality over performance. The Twinpots are night and day to the originals.
    1980 GS1000G - Sold
    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

It sounds like you're well on the way to being an "old salt"!
      Mark Fisher
      sigpic
      ..............................27 years

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
        I started on a 1000G so it's possible just probably not ideal.... Best of luck.

Rather than rebuild your brakes you could spend your money to upgrade to the twinpot Kawasaki Calipers
        depends on how bothered you are with originality over performance. The Twinpots are night and day to the originals.
        Well I have the leaks down below fixed and I'm working on the front master cylinder.

I think this weekend it might be OK.

I'm more concerned with a working bike than being 100% original, though I'm trying to keep it close to stock.

Comment

Working...
        X