Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, great job on the bike!
    So, is it on craigslits already?
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Austinaslink View Post
      Haven't seen many other bratted out 1100's out there.

Anyone else have anything similar?
      Thankfully, ... NO.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
        Yeah, great job on the bike!
        So, is it on craigslits already?
        Sold for $17,000 most likely.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

The bike looks ridiculous.

Excessively loud, open pipes are for adult-aged children who have so little self confidence that they have to draw attention to themselves to feel some sense of accomplishment.

Or, to put it more succinctly, pu$$ies.
          sigpic

SUZUKI:
          1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
          HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
          KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
          YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

grumpy gramps needs a Depends change!
            1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Loser trolls who've been banned need a new maxi-pad.
              sigpic

SUZUKI:
              1978 GS1000E; 1980 GS1000G; 1982 GS650E; 1982 GS1100G; 1982 GS1100E; 1985 GS700ES
              HONDA: 1981 CB900F Super Sport
              KAWASAKI: 1981 KZ550A-2; 1984 ZX750A-2 (aka GPZ750); 1984 KZ700A-1
              YAMAHA: 1983 XJ750RK Seca

Free speech is the foundation of an open society. Each time a society bans a word or phrase it deems “offensive”, it chips away at that very foundation upon which it was built.

Comment

My Ignore List just keeps growing and growing as a result of this thread. I'm going to call that much a positive outcome from this thread.
                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I heard once, might be urban legend, that excessively loud motorcycle's with no exhaust are top heavy and sometimes prone to falling over in the parking lot of a bar, strip club or paycheck advance

Comment

I know for a fact they attract baseball bats.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      I know for a fact they attract baseball bats.
                      I have heard that they also sometimes attract potatoes.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Asshats with potato bats...

Comment

Re. muffler; everything has been said already in here. Changing the exhaust to get a different sound is one thing; letting your cylinders blare like that is simply being an ass.

I remember when I walked down a street when a douche ran with an unbelievably loud exhaust to the red light and revved there. I wasn't the only guy who flipped him off.

Re. the Job; while it looks well done technically; I don't think this neutral white (also, what about dirt?) is better than the original paint scheme on the thank.
                          Also the bike somehow looks unbalanced to me; very front-heavy - the combination of a café-style non-tail with a fairing is weird to say the least; the worlds they come from don't really go well together IMO.
                          #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
                          #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
                          #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
                          #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

The motor would look much better swapped into this.
                            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Hey, if you're on two wheels then you're cool in my eye.

Comment

An updated picture. If you all didn't realise yet, I'm building this bike for my own pleasure, and don't plan on changing it to suit your preferences. This thread is more or less a way for me to keep track of my mods and progress. Thanks to those of you with an open mind and for acknowledging my hard work.

IMG_20160501_155444.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X