No announcement yet.

1982 GS1100G Brat Build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am modifying my exhaust as in having the cone part taken off and doing slash cut. Hopefully it's not too loud. I try to be considerate of others. My V Star has Hard Krome shorty exhaust which are a bit louder but not as loud as some Harley Screamin Eagles. I would say just try to find a middle point with your exhaust.

Comment

I am going to start off by saying, thank you for keeping another GS on the road. These bikes are getting fewer and fewer as time goes by.

For the paint, i commend you on white-personally I couldn't do it. It is just to bright for me, but that's personal preference. At least your are not getting a belly blister from a black or dark color tank burning through your coat.

For the design, I am glad that you took off the fairing as it did give the bike a bit of a front heavy look. The front end is still riding a bit to high for the overall look, especially when you are going after a brat look. So bring the front down to get the rake angle right and i think you would be spot on. Most brats are lowered front and rear.

If you want to accomplish a front drop and go for more of a cafe brute look. Slide the triples up and put the clip-ons right above the triple tree. I am not sure how the front suspension would cope, but i have seen it done this way. In the end your preference, but clip-ons wouldn't be brat anymore. Just so its noted.

Onto the main contention point for everyone, i never heard my 1100 with no exhaust-but i have heard my odd-ball 550 with no muffs. I have to say, the bike has kind of a whiny hiss sound that way and i didn't like it and the noise level i can't say its half the size and mine was quieter than a stock diesel. That being said, i am not going to say yeah or nay to your set up.
      When it comes to my preference, i want performance without getting pulled over every week. So something that flows well, but is negligible on noise. So my 550 i fitted a pair of dime city 16" shorty slash cuts, to even out and calm the note.

Off note question, how did you do the tobacco tint to the headlight and does it affect the brightness of the headlight at night? Or is that some odd color absorption from the surroundings when the picture was taken?

Comment

Working...
      X