No announcement yet.

Riding to Vegas for a wedding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canadian ferries are much nicer than ours, they have doors at the front that close. And decent food.
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Left Mount Vernon around 8:30 this morning....taking 26 to 19....19... What a road! I have been on it a few times now. It takes you all the way to Condon, about 190kms of twisty, good pavement, empty road. It travels along the john day river...canyon views etc...beautiful way to start my morning...f on there I took 206 turning into 97... Great roads, lots of windmills..like thousands! Then I took the canyon road into Ellensburg..another great road that I have travelled a few times. Crazy windy through there...and on to Leavenworth... Then an hour later I was in Goldbar over Stevens Pass....114 Kms in an hour..lol....no traffic...then. I headed to mount Vernon wa. Yes I'm staying back to back in mount vernon's...lol
      Total 780kms today....got rained on for the last 20min today..cold too.
      What a trip!
      Oh yeah in all my trip I never got passed by one vehicle...not one!

No signature

Comment

Man I'm living vicariously through you today at least! Gorgeous looking ride. How much time did you partition off for this Trev?
        Ride safe!
        -J
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Thanks Jedz,
          i left my house Sunday May 8th. Caught the 1030 ferry to port Angeles and arrived in Vegas Wednesday night.
          then golfed on Thursday wedding Saturday and left Sunday to come home.
          im now on the a Anacortes ferry for Sidney, 2 hours, which is 15min from my house.
          So total travel days were 7. Not sure of my mileage yet but it should be around 5000kms.
          so I leave my hotel this morning for a 30min ride to the ferry in the pouring rain. I'm riding along about more than halfway there on the interstate 5 when I can't figure out why I'm having such a hard time seeing??? Then I realize I forgot my eyeglasses in my hotel...lol. I wanted to put them on last because I didn't want to get them wet while I packed up the bike in the rain.
          yes, that's two pair of glasses I have lost on the trip. Luckily my wife brought two pair with her. Lol... My wife will be impressed.
          fitting way to end the trip.
          tganks for following along guys.
          And finally guys.... If you want to do a cross country trip...do it! Life is way to short. Do it while you can.
          Looking forward to getting on an old Gs when I get home.
          i may even have a new one (Gs)in the garage soon. Stay tuned.
          No signature

Comment

Hey Trevor, I know a good optician in Victoria who'll see you right! His name is Mike...

Comment

Originally posted by bch View Post
              Hey Trevor, I know a good optician in Victoria who'll see you right! His name is Mike...
              Lol... Yes I will be going to see mike right away. I'm wearing my "Sally Jessie Ralphel" glasses right now. Lol
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                Lol... Yes I will be going to see mike right away. I'm wearing my "Sally Jessie Ralphel" glasses right now. Lol
                What no photos of that? Just caught on to this thread Trev. Glad you could see what a lot of the US is really and not all the BS that comes out of our fingers on keyboards.
                GSRick
                No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Left Mount Vernon around 8:30 this morning....taking 26 to 19....19... What a road! I have been on it a few times now. It takes you all the way to Condon, about 190kms of twisty, good pavement, empty road. It travels along the john day river...canyon views etc...beautiful way to start my morning...f on there I took 206 turning into 97... Great roads, lots of windmills..like thousands! Then I took the canyon road into Ellensburg..another great road that I have travelled a few times. Crazy windy through there...and on to Leavenworth... Then an hour later I was in Goldbar over Stevens Pass....114 Kms in an hour..lol....no traffic...then. I headed to mount Vernon wa. Yes I'm staying back to back in mount vernon's...lol
                  Total 780kms today....got rained on for the last 20min today..cold too.
                  What a trip!
                  Oh yeah in all my trip I never got passed by one vehicle...not one!

I have a picture of that same rock....

sigpic
                  1983 GS1100e
                  82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                  1980 GS1260

Comment

That is so cool Bob and Trevor!

Ed
                    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

That is along the John Day river in eastern Oregon. I recognize some of the other places as well. Going to do it again in 3 weeks. We still have rooms available if anyone wants to join us! You can literally go an hour without seeing another vehicle on AWESOME roads.
                      sigpic
                      1983 GS1100e
                      82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                      1980 GS1260

Comment

Thanks Jedz,
                        i left my house Sunday May 8th. Caught the 1030 ferry to port Angeles and arrived in Vegas Wednesday night.
                        then golfed on Thursday wedding Saturday and left Sunday to come home.
                        im now on the a Anacortes ferry for Sidney, 2 hours, which is 15min from my house.
                        So total travel days were 7. Not sure of my mileage yet but it should be around 5000kms.
                        so I leave my hotel this morning for a 30min ride to the ferry in the pouring rain. I'm riding along about more than halfway there on the interstate 5 when I can't figure out why I'm having such a hard time seeing??? Then I realize I forgot my eyeglasses in my hotel...lol. I wanted to put them on last because I didn't want to get them wet while I packed up the bike in the rain.
                        yes, that's two pair of glasses I have lost on the trip. Luckily my wife brought two pair with her. Lol... My wife will be impressed.
                        fitting way to end the trip.
                        tganks for following along guys.
                        And finally guys.... If you want to do a cross country trip...do it! Life is way to short. Do it while you can.
                        Looking forward to getting on an old Gs when I get home.
                        i may even have a new one (Gs)in the garage soon. Stay tuned.
                        Thanks for the words Trev, I just signed off on a vacation for one of my General Managers who told me he's taking the 2 weeks to travel to the Grand Canyon and back... He was pondering borrowing one of my motorcycles to ride out there but opted out to take his car. The more I think about it the more jealous I get... This year I won't be able to break away at all for a cross country trip but in July I do intend on trying to get back down to the Blue Ridge Parkway and back up it. Note, that's if I can get this department running like a well oiled machine. Looking good for it though, it's been one of the greatest challenges I have ever had and if I can get this department running correctly so it becomes self sufficient then that will be my reward.

My heart is in the mountains. But I really want to go out and see the bad lands in South Dakota and then make my way to the Rockies and down to the Grand canyon (Hit Bonneville on the way) and then back east. Thanks for the share on this adventure! I will do it, perhaps I'll plan it for next year! I need some adventure in my life and I feel like the world is passing me by. I can't wait to get some much needed time off.

Oh shoot some pics of the New GS! I got a shafty GS650L last week and commute with it around town and Addison county. Something fun about ridding a bike that's older then me. That in it's self is a mini adventure every-time I hit the road with it! Love it!!!

Ride safe! I'm always tuned in!

-Jedz
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Been following your postings and pictures here (and on an bmw forum)

This line gave me pause:

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

On my longest trip to date a guy at a laundramat in Libby Montana (because I didn't dawn rain gear and was wearing cotton, thinking the rain would stop)
                            said out front, "It sounds like you're making memories".
                            This was on my trip to Michigan and back.
                            GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
                            X