No announcement yet.

Riding to Vegas for a wedding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other side of SF in a day the back way you better plan on getting to Grant's Pass or Eureka the first day. BTDT, got to the hotel at 9PM.
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Some nice Harley people took my pic waiting for the ferry to Port Angeles

No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        Some nice Harley people took my pic waiting for the ferry to Port Angeles

Anyone know how to post pics to the forum from an iPad?
        thanks
        No signature

Comment

Try
          No signature

Comment

ok...just making sure I have figured out how to do this....pic from the ferry.
            No signature

Comment

...San Fran 750-800 miles...
              In one day? Too much for me!
              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Looks like you started the day getting a bit wet. Are you headed down the coast all the way to SF? Beautiful road, impossible to make good time. It is a LONG way from Crescent City to SF.
                sigpic
                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                1983 GS1100e
                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                1980 GS1260
                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

You can make better time early. Once the tourists wake up, forget it.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Try
                    Hey look.....a pirate!
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Dressed up in leather... going to San Francisco... what's up Trevor?
                      IBA# 12860
                      Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                      1984 KZ1100R
                      2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                      2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Haha...very funny!!
                        well got in nearly 600kms today. With not leaving port Angeles until 12:30 that's a pretty good day.".a little cool today...at 6pm at a gas stop I put on my heated vest. Averaged 88kms an hour today. Not bad for the coast.
                        im in Newport Oregon.

No signature

Comment

So this is likely to be the highlight of the whole trip!
                          I stopped at a hotel on the beach to see what their room rate was(too rich for me) and I come out of the lobby and and a guy in a wheel chair is looking at my bike. His wife is standing beside him...he asks "inline six"? I say "no, it's only a four"
                          he says he "really likes the bike"... Then his wife hands me a business card...on it it says Paul Ritter...AMA Superbike Championship contender 1977-79
                          on the other side it has a pic of the cover of the book "Racing the Gods" a Ducati Superbike racer's autobiography.
                          i say "hey I had just been looking to order that book"... The woman says.." Well this is him" and she points to the man in the wheelchair. Lol...I couldn't believe it!
                          We talked for 20 minutes about bikes. I told him about my old gs bikes... He talked about Racing Wes Cooley...then he whips out a cell phone with a pic of Wes leading him in a race. His wife showed me a pic of there son and he was sr
                          tanding beside the front of his bike... She says "I think it's a gs" I told her it was an 82 gs1100e....Paul says "you are a motorcyclist "... Lol...I asked them id
                          f they had any books with them and Paul sent his wife to there room to get the only copy they had with them....I promptly purchased it and said " of course I would like you to sign it"... Which he did. Then his wife took this pic...she also took one with her own camera and asked me if it was "alright to use on Paul's Facebook page and blog" lol...are you freaking kidding me?!?!

No signature

Comment

Frightening. Survives the real competition, then gets paralyzed in a "vintage" event.

Frightening.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Racing the Gods is a great book.
                              I read it last year and have loaned it to a number of people who all raved about it.
                              Trevor, a very nice bonus for you on your trip.
                              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

You are a people magnet for sure, Trevor.
                                Looks like a good book.
                                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
                                X