No announcement yet.

Riding to Vegas for a wedding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazing story Trevor, the s*#t that happens on a road trip!!
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

View from my room last night. Late start today. Guess yesterday's excitement made me sleep in.
      looking forward to another adventure today....California here I come!!!

No signature

Comment

Open up, your Golden Gate! California, here I come!!!! Hope you had a great ride today, keep us updated on your progress, I like to ride this vicariously, wish I could have been there!
        Last edited by eddie21; 05-10-2016, 11:16 AM.
        IBA# 12860
        Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
        1984 KZ1100R
        2008 Kawasaki KLR650
        2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Must have made it to the "Lost Coast" by now.
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

So cool about the chance meeting, and yet another anecdote about how cycles bring people together. Safe travels my friend.
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Hi guys,
              stayed in Fort Bragg last night. Did 738kms yesterday, not as many as I planned but had a great day. Didn't meet any famous racers yesterday but met to guys riding from San Diego we went out and had too many beers and a ton of laughs.
              Having a bit to eat out point arena right now. Riding the coast all day to San Francisco I'm about 120 miles from there now.
              Plan is to make it to Cambria today. Then it Death Valley via 46 then 178 and on to Vegas for dinner.
              smiling all the way!
              ill post pics tonight.
              thanks for thinking about me on the road guys, I really appreciate that. And next time Charlie, thanks for the offer.
              cheers,

trevor
              No signature

Comment

Pics... What an amazing ride today. Stuck mostly on the coast. Very little traffic. Didn't get as far as I wanted...too much to look at. Yesterday my average moving speed was 90km but today it was 80kms.
                if you have every thought about doing this ride all I can say is don't wait!
                im in Seaside Ca tonight. Glad I stopped here or I wouldn't have Laguna Seca😀
                No one there.... Gates open and I was able to get right up and close to the track!
                awesme day but I think i have sensory over load.
                oh and I went through San Francisco today... Golden gate.... And I even did a bunch of lane splitting and got it on my GoPro too.
                first pic is just outside Fort Bragg this morning..

yesterdays avenue of a the Giants...

No signature

Comment

I forgot to mention...yesterday I was following a mustang near Half Moon Bay and hew was obviously drunk... Al over the road, speeding up slowing down and nearly side swiped a guy. Called 911 from my sena and stayed on the phone with them until a cop came flying up behind me 15 min later. Crazy!
                  No signature

Comment

Really enjoying following your trip Trev.............
                    PS { throw twenty bucks on the Leafs to win the Cup next year when you get to Vegas. The odds are 43,000,000/1 }
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Beautiful pics Trevor, thanks for sharing. Glad you're enjoying this road trip.

Ed
                      GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
                      GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
                      GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
                      Originally posted by GSXR7ED
                      Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Good one Trevor...and the things you missed this time will still be there for you to see on your next trip that way! Enjoy the wedding, golf and heat in Vegas

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          I forgot to mention...yesterday I was following a mustang near Half Moon Bay and hew was obviously drunk... Al over the road, speeding up slowing down and nearly side swiped a guy. Called 911 from my sena and stayed on the phone with them until a cop came flying up behind me 15 min later. Crazy!
                          Very good Trevor! Cleaning up California one drunk at a time.
                          sigpic
                          83 GS1100g
                          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Not the first time your bike has been to the Avenue of the Giants! Hope you're still on track to make it through Death Valley - Badwater Basin and Zabriskie Point are worthwhile stops. There is some pretty bleak scenery in that hot section of California, but that has an appeal all its own...

Last edited by eddie21; 05-11-2016, 03:24 PM.
                            IBA# 12860
                            Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                            1984 KZ1100R
                            2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                            2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Great story, Trev. Glad you are cleansing your mind. Now about John Day......
                              sigpic
                              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                              1983 GS1100e
                              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                              1980 GS1260
                              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Hey guy,
                                just checking in and giving you n up date on the trip.
                                On Tuesday I made it through San Francisco and was happy to have ticked off on my to do list crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. I also did my first lane splitting....that was very cool as my timing to be going through the city was 4 in the afternoon...yikes.. Wish we could do it here. I had my GoPro on my mirrors so I got lots of great footage...I think...as I have never tried the camera there before.

I am a big fan of The Band...and the Last Waltz....so I looked up the address for Winterland Theatre where they played their last concert. Well it is condos now...lol

Pigeon Point Light Station
                                What a ride this was up the coast! No rain but plenty of light fog that had me wiping the visor a bit.

Tuesday night I made it to Seaside Ca. For the night....it was then that I realized that Laguna Seca was a 20 min ride from my hotel. So I checked it out....there was no one there and the gates were open and I couldn't believe how I could get so close to the track...another highlight of the trip for sure....

This was taken from my bike at the campgrounds for the track facing away. Beautiful.

Wednesday morning I had breakfast in Big Sur.....my plan was to take the coast down to Cambria Ca. And start heading east to Vegas.

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X