Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New handle bars. What you think!? Open to suggestions for the future.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also not a fan of the apes, but I am a huge fan of doing whatever you want to your own motorcycle.

A couple of weeks ago I was heading north on Hwy 63 when I noticed a biker flying his colors on a Harley (of course) with those huge apes.

I came up behind him, and he managed to whip it up to about a buck fifteen to keep me from passing -

I left him for dead, he did not have a chance, but still, I was impressed he was able to go as fast as he did.....

He looked funny doing it, and whenever anyone can put a smile on someones face -

More power to them! (and better aerodynamics)

Comment

Originally posted by 82'GS650 View Post
      I have a seat that my friend gave me. It almost looks like it is off a harley pan head. Might get rid of the 2 person seat and just install that one. But that to might be a winter project. Dont want to sacrifice the ride time in these short summers here. I was also thinking about removing the front fender. What do you guys think about those to changes?
      Obviously, when you give up the passenger seat, you also remove the possiblity of sharing the ride with someone. For some, the "alone time" is precious, they don't want to share it. For others, it's more about "together" time. You are also going to have some aesthetic issues because the seat covers the front part of the rear fender, and it's going to look different.

Removing the front fender is an idea that I have never understood. All it takes is one trip through a wet patch of pavement, you will quickly see just one of the reasons it's good to have it on the bike. I have been told that having a fender also helps to cool the engine. Seems that the air that is trapped between the tire and the fender gets dragged to the top, where it meets the oncoming rush of air and then spills back, over the head, which is the hottest part of the engine. I have never tested that theory to verify it, but I do like staying a bit drier.

sigpic
      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
      Family Portrait
      Siblings and Spouses
      Mom's first ride
      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I am new to riding and my GF does not want to ride with me haha. So screw it Im going solo. Ill keep you guys posted about the progress. Hopefully get the new blinkers on tomorrow night or the next day. May also cut down the windshield tomorrow and reinstall her and see what she looks like.
        Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2016, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AMK View Post
          What he said.
          I have a set of miserably uncomfortable L bars that were the first thing leaving my bike for the parts pit. I will be glad to sell them for $479 plus shipping if anyone is masochistic and wants sore wrists and shoulders. As far as this guys bike, well, its this guys bike and I don't care how they look to me; only that he is happy. In fact I think a new and taller set of mirrors are in order because when he is standing on the pegs to relieve the pain many of the folks here have promised, he will then be able to see out of the mirrors perfectly. Now they are only 3 inches over his head when seated it appears.

Comment

Working...
          X