Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Delivery Issues- 1986 GS450L

Hey there-

I have a 1986 GS450L and man, let me tell you- she just isn't happy.
    Had troubles with her dying while idling and discovered that the inline fuel filter needed to be replaced. Did that and now anytime I open my throttle to give her gas she just dies on the spot. In the beginning I was able to keep her afloat by turning my idle screw way up, but now that won't even work. Ive heard it might be the butterfly clip not staying open?

Any guidance is so very much appreciated! This is my first bike, and unsuspectedly my first rebuild.

"...unsuspectedly my first rebuild."
    It's 30 years old - probably way behind on maintenance! Bunch of issues waiting for you. Go here....

these carbs need to properly cleaned if you want the bike to run well. Look inside gas tank- does it look reasonably rustfree? Ditch the inline fuel filter: the petcock has its own filter.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Where did you get the new fuel filter? Is the flow rate sufficient for a motorcycle or did you perhaps use a lawn mower filter? Is it installed in the right direction?

Comment

The hose that the inline connects- would I just cap it then? Or what would be my options in stop the flow of gas that normally fills the filter?

Comment

Working...
        X